Prerunner poser

2UZ 120

Hello, found this forum on the RDC discussion about DR being down.
Name is Brett. Built/ Still Building a V8 4Runner with a mild LT setup.
Hope everyone is doing well and having a good Halloween.
Good luck to everyone heading down for the B1k.

Hello, found this forum on the RDC discussion about DR being down.
Name is Brett. Built/ Still Building a V8 4Runner with a mild LT setup.
Hope everyone is doing well and having a good Halloween.
Good luck to everyone heading down for the B1k.
Thanks for checking us out dude.

Like I said over at the RDC page we are trying to bring together a group of like minded folks. Going to be hosting some events where we plan a run, host some food, and helping spread the word on Clean-Dezert projects.

Looks like you have a Tacoma? Start a build thread if you have a min!

Thanks for checking us out dude.

Like I said over at the RDC page we are trying to bring together a group of like minded folks. Going to be hosting some events where we plan a run, host some food, and helping spread the word on Clean-Dezert projects.

Looks like you have a Tacoma? Start a build thread if you have a min!
Thanks Wally! Look forward to being the East Coast Rep lol. Merritt Island, Florida very close to the Space Center. Just watched a Falcon Heavy lift off this morning. They've gotten insanely good at landing those boosters too.
I run a 2003 4Runner (Avatar) and a 2012 4Runner Limited.

whats up dude !

@theycallmeWALLY is a little slow... he meant 4 runner.

Just scoped your Youtube looks like a little more than mild set up!

Where you located ?
Hey! Not much here in Merritt Island, Fl. Still lots of heat and humidity.
Thanks for checking out the YT. The Go Pro footage is deceiving, it looks faster than it is.
I am way green at all of this prerunner style of building, and no experience to draw upon here in the swamp.
I really think you have to call 12" of travel "mild" these days. But, I make the most of it, and she still only measures 9 - 10" of travel on the rear, so there is still work to be done.
The bar that has been set in the last couple years of how much travel you can run with a street legal truck amazes me. The Welders, Fab guys, and shock builder/tuners out there are doing incredible stuff.

My Family settled in AZ, so I have been able to get out there and romp around a little. You could spend a lifetime exploring AZ by itself.

One of my Bucket list items is to make it to Johnson Valley for Dave's little shindig one year. And then spend a year exploring the West.

Clean-Dezert projects.
The Florida 4Runners crew and several other off road clubs do clean ups here a couple times a year. I'm always working out of town so I haven't been to one yet unfortunately. Wish we could stop the pigs from being pigs, but love the fact that most people try to make the clean up events a positive get together.

just saw your post in another thread and saw you're from merritt island/cocoa beach.

im out there all the time for work trips & had no idea there was an offroad scene out there at all except for the okechobee mud truck stuff.
how's the go-fast world?? & dunes?

just saw your post in another thread and saw you're from merritt island/cocoa beach.

im out there all the time for work trips & had no idea there was an offroad scene out there at all except for the okechobee mud truck stuff.
how's the go-fast world?? & dunes?
Places to go are disappearing by the minute. So it is mostly a mud scene, which I haven't been into for decades. There are a few parks around in some of the old limestone mines. Thats mostly crawling and obstacle wheeling.
For bombing, I have to search out unlocked power line rds and I have a few other spots north of here in Ocala National Forest but I need to be really responsible in that area. I do weekday trips a lot when the forest is empty. So basically there really isn't anything you would be impressed with lol.
Dirt bike trails are fun when they aren't too tight for my 4Runner.
Back in the day you could ride a dirt bike from one end of the county to the other down power lines roads and railroad track access roads. There were several dunes in the area as well. It was paradise growing up here as a kid. Mostly over developed now.

My family has settled in AZ, so I'm hoping one day I can retire out there to a nice little whoop section and learn how to tune this 4Runner.

Back