Past Clean up Ocotillo Wells Presidents Day 2023

We are doing some neat things for this event.
1. we will hold our normal raffle
2. we will have a scavenger hunt sponsored by Gravel Kings for another way to win.
3. We are also doing a raffle witih Blu Inn, Iron Door and the Buggy Store across from the iron door. If you spoend $20 at any of these while wearing a Clean-Dezert shirt/hat or wristband from the event you will be entered into a raffle for some special prizes.

We are all about giving back to those who help clean the dezert as well as the great community who brave the summer heat, and make sure we always have a store and provisions for us while in the desert.

We are excited to try new things and grow this mentality of giving back and spreading positivity.

your not going to want to miss this one... gravel kings is raffling off a honda 125 and a 1 wheel along with cash and other things for the scavenger hunt.

Reactions: mud
stopping by harbor freight for some trash pickers and gloves. loading up the baja truck on the trailer with a new TC pump conversion and baja van is ready for the cold nights with its new "parking" diesel heater.

ROLL CALL

Who's all going out from the forum? I'll be out there with some koozie's I can give out!

I planned on it, but our little one came down with a cold a couple days ago, so I've gotta hang back at home. Will be keeping an eye out for the next one!

I had a big sadz so I wore my Clean Dez staff shirt while helping papa bleed the brakes for the, LITERALLY, 69th out of, no joke, 420 fucking times on the car this weekend. I hope someone banged all the m*a*w*mz for me this weekend.

Papa gets the best dad/best papa award. He drove to Texas, packed all of my sisters apt up, and drove all the way home in about 5 days.
Got back on the Monday before the Cleanup and said fuck going to Ocotillo, he just drove for almost 20 fucking hours to get my sister. Then he has to move her TO your guys' fucked state of COMMIEfornia in a week or something.......

If there were ANY m*a*w*mz out there, I hope someone thought of me, I know all the m*a*w*mz did......

20230218_170240.jpg

Always a good time. Stoked I was able to make it out.

It was my first time that I was actually able to clean up trash at one of these events. Usually I'm helping out in some way or another.

It was just going to be my daughter and I going on this trip. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it out on Friday or Saturday. If I was just going to go Saturday then should I just go for the day? Well after an hour in the Jacuzzi my daughter was pretty clapped and was able to sit on the couch for about an hour while I loaded up everything. The RV was mostly ready since it had just came back from KOH. It had enough Diesel, Water, and Propane to last me another weekend. Luckily the shitter was full either.

We hit the road around 7:30pm on Friday night. Got to Camp around 9pm or so. Josb and Billy guided me to my spot.

F2515219-DBC0-4D72-B9E7-77E73A89FC6A.jpeg

The next day my buddy Chris from Total Chaos came by, we had a little egg breakfast (farm fresh) and then we went out to go pick up some trash.

7F4443A7-C484-4ED5-A39A-A16FEA6202E0.jpeg

The desert actually looks super clean which was nice to look at but when you REALLY look... every bush is basically a tiny trash can. It takes a lot of time to fill up a bad this way but worth it.

2983B0A8-A748-4F67-BB28-74D45CF2015A.jpeg
9192D5BE-9CB2-4B79-8460-0ABC9BA1AF20.jpeg
761FE098-6E2E-4292-8D22-47AE89612D2E.jpeg

My daughter just turned 3 this month so after we filled up one bag she was done. We went back to the event center, ate some FREE FOOD (thanks), got told we couldn't drink a beer and then Billy started to win every prize. haha He won literally the first prize and then two more after that.

After the raffle was done I needed to nap my daughter and also wanted to go watch the boys with cool trucks do cool truck things. We made it over to devil's slide and my daughter passed out. Got there a little late and missed some of the big hucks, but it was fun to catch up with some friends out there.

B8E4ADF0-F612-4363-A515-1C6FBA56BFAD.jpeg
E8E0C659-C17E-484C-8F82-A583FB08F21D.jpeg
8E7E307F-6436-465F-8D77-9000F1A784EF.jpeg

Headed back to camp and a lot of people were already packed up and heading home. The Clean Dezert crew was making taco's and getting ready to have super cross on the big screen. My night ended at about 8:30 or so when it was time for the little one to go down. I actually probably fell asleep before she did :ROFLMAO:

4D8EBB2C-9FED-4B0C-8D57-2AC6FEE177B3.jpeg
07F4987D-D324-479D-BB47-DD28B3966A8C.jpeg
CF100CE8-695D-4907-B40C-5C0FEE53D29A.jpeg

Last edited:
thanks for taking picture. I took maybe 5. I think my new favorite part of the event is hanging out in the event center all night and watching movies on the jumbotron. lol Was such a relaxing night with great friends. Oh and your daughter is the cutest thing ever and made me miss my kid.

Back