New and trying to build a race car.

Beamed_baja

Hay dudes I’m new to off-road fab stuff I have a 2003 taco on Chevy 63” leafs and a toyotec 3” in the front spindle gussets and total chaos lower uniball conversion. That’s not the race car build I’m building a 71 prerunner bug going for whoop scissors up front it’s definitely a work in progress. My IG is gold_trd or itllbfine_offroad. Say hi or tell me F*ck off either way I’m chillen. I’m in San Diego hit me we can do truck stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_1265.jpeg
    IMG_1265.jpeg
    448.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1242.jpeg
    IMG_1242.jpeg
    435.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 3850.jpeg
    3850.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 3849.jpeg
    3849.jpeg
    374.6 KB · Views: 4
Hay dudes I’m new to off-road fab stuff I have a 2003 taco on Chevy 63” leafs and a toyotec 3” in the front spindle gussets and total chaos lower uniball conversion. That’s not the race car build I’m building a 71 prerunner bug going for whoop scissors up front it’s definitely a work in progress. My IG is gold_trd or itllbfine_offroad. Say hi or tell me F*ck off either way I’m chillen. I’m in San Diego hit me we can do truck stuff.
Welcome dude...Bump with Whoop Scissors! holy shit build thread or it didn't happen!

Welcome dude...Bump with Whoop Scissors! holy shit build thread or it didn't happen!
It hasn’t happened yet I’m gunna make a thread soon closer to July right now I’m preparing my truck to go to Oregon

What!? Ranger frame..?
Just weld some square tube with a hole in it and bolt on some equal length beams!

What!? Ranger frame..?
Just weld some square tube with a hole in it and bolt on some equal length beams!
I did think about that too it might be cheaper that way but with the frame I’ll have all the mounts for it instead of having to make some.

I think you got the right idea! while I do agree using the stock frame will make the job easier I think you should build new beam pivots anyways. Using the Stock pivots will limit you to unequal length beams and less than ideal swing steering options.
You’ll benefit so much more from Switching to equal length beams with custom pivots and equal length steering to go along with it

In the end it’ll be much more worth the trouble in my opinion.
There’s lots of options out there for equal length kits that include new pivots that will be really simple to place on to the stock frame rails!

I did think about that too it might be cheaper that way but with the frame I’ll have all the mounts for it instead of having to make some.

Stock ranger mounts aren't the greatest. The main beneft of grafting on a frame is the steering box is already mounted. BUT doing with square tube frame, modify some forged ranger beams to equal length than do a IFS 4x4 Toyota box on side of frame with sinlge swing steering would be easy and strong. Essentially like a i-beam swapped tacoma. Giant Motorsports does stuff to i beam swap a 5-lug tacoma if wanting to buy new parts. If going budget than grafting on a stock beam frame to keep steering and everything is definetly cheaper and requires less fab work.

I think you got the right idea! while I do agree using the stock frame will make the job easier I think you should build new beam pivots anyways. Using the Stock pivots will limit you to unequal length beams and less than ideal swing steering options.
You’ll benefit so much more from Switching to equal length beams with custom pivots and equal length steering to go along with it

In the end it’ll be much more worth the trouble in my opinion.
There’s lots of options out there for equal length kits that include new pivots that will be really simple to place on to the stock frame rails!
I’ll have to get my hands on some cad files for equal length beams. And start measuring it out I think you’re right and just building my own frame it’ll save on cost at time. Thank you! I’ll post a link to a tread when I create it y'all can follow along.

Back