Let's see those Bad Lines!

Donuts: cali
Spinning/whipping shitties: Minnesota (eh)
Roosties: AZ??
Brodies: (Iā€™ve heard this in Cali, not certain on origin)

Iā€™m so cal born raised and grew with dounts being the term. Heard a few say brodies.

I said roosties cuz was banking it off a large sand berm and throwing rooster tails but over rotated and punched it to pull out of it but back tire caught a buried basketball size rock and over she went. Got bit!

Think whipping shitties might be new fav though šŸ˜†

Extra points for a 2fer right? I buried both trucks. I decided it was a good idea to hop in my buddies sport trac and try to drive away. Made it about 30 feet and sank it. Got in my truck to pull him out and sank it. We were stuck here for a couple hours. Good times and too many beers to count

960090ED-C746-485E-8636-00AA3F2750C4.jpeg

@GimmeSand bachelor party pismo trip 2015.. @theycallmeWALLY driver side rear had enough of his shit and left the chat...
causing to to drop anchor.... Of course, he sheared all but one of the stud not to worry The mouse was there with spare wheel studs holding down my spare tire we got a few of those popped in and he drove this pile back to camp.
20836623406_df744b66f7_b.jpg

20674834870_27ec640eb3_b.jpg

20862901215_45a1ee1077_b.jpg

20862900455_1dd51d0ac5_b.jpg

Why do so many trucks shear studs? Is it from too large of tyre size for the stud? Too much powa? Incorrect lug nut torque? Non wheel/hub centric setups? Seems like it happens on the rear more often too.. Please learn me

Why do so many trucks shear studs? Is it from too large of tyre size for the stud? Too much powa? Incorrect lug nut torque? Non wheel/hub centric setups? Seems like it happens on the rear more often too.. Please learn me
it only happens when your NOT banging certain birth givers.

seriously, i kinda wanna get learned on this 2.................

Glamis, Thanksgiving 2015
Had a real nice jump sesh in the little bowls at the end of gecko. Left there in search of a new jump to hit. We found a new lip to hit and my brain switched off. I never hit jumps first, always watch a couple other trucks first to gauge speed and whatnot. Well I take off like a bandit towards this lip, thinking that because it looks about the same as the last one, Iā€™ll hit it the same speed. Baddddd idea.
The instant my tires left the ground, I knew I was fucked and went way too fast, buddies said I could have easily jumped over any of the vehicles in our group and then some. Lawn darted on the front bumper, airbags blew, windshield destroyed (hard to see in pic but pass.side airbag blew it out) front bumper got a facelift, core support cracked, few other minor broken parts and cracks but I drove it home!

1688059536079.png

I have not been out to play much lately. Here are some pics from 2009, somewhere on the southwest side of Utah Lake, tried to turn around and broke through some ice. We were there for a few hours, finally got a tug from a Jeep. Then later on buried it in some snow, all in the name of fun of course.

IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

I have not been out to play much lately. Here are some pics from 2009, somewhere on the southwest side of Utah Lake, tried to turn around and broke through some ice. We were there for a few hours, finally got a tug from a Jeep. Then later on buried it in some snow, all in the name of fun of course.

View attachment 12107

View attachment 12108

View attachment 12109

View attachment 12110

View attachment 12111
oh man haha good stuff right there! you still have this thing?

The weekend after new years 2015 in Glamis. What started out as a fun, simple trip slowly eliminated all of our trucks except for one.
First casualty was my ranger. My friends all had stock interior trucks at the time which are ā€œhop in and goā€ vs me, having to climb through the jungle gym, harness in, add helmet, and go. We were headed for Olds at night and i was following (what i thought was) their tailights.
**Side note; my friends do not go in the big dunes with their trucks**
As Iā€™m chasing down their (not their) tailights Iā€™m realizing the dunes and bowls are getting bigger and bigger. Finally catch up enough to realize Iā€™m chasing a group of SXSā€™s into the dunes way behind olds. Once i fired up my GSP while also trying to drive and shift simultaneously I realized my error and how far off course I was. One dune away, ONE messily albeit large dune away from the road into olds, i crest the top and found a perfect hole sized for a ranger. Itā€™s Hard to tell in the picture but the truck was about roofline even with the hole. Luckily my friend Chris had working 4wd in Clifford (R.I.P. Clifford) and was able to get back there and pull me out.

Then all hell broke loose. I grenaded my transmission accidentally sending it way too big over a dune. Chris blew a head gasket on the F-150. Caseys exhaust fell off. We called it a day and started loading up the next morning. Well who woulda thought a semi truck and sand donā€™t mix? The truck didnā€™t even move an inch when we tried to pull it over to the hard pack to load, it just sank. We dropped the lowboy trailer and somehow got the semi out from under the trailer and over to hard pack. We used our ice chest water and water bottles to try and make a driveway of sorts to back the semi back under the trailer which we thankfully got reattached on the second try after slamming into it at 10mph. Then sank the semi in the sand again. By this point we had been there for 5 hours and were stuck and out of ideas when WAY off in the distance someone in a Cat dozer was crawling towards us. I think his name was Jerry? Whatever it was weā€™d still be there without this guy. He dragged the semi and trailer backwards over to the concrete and refuses to take any cash we had, he was just happy to help. We got a late start towards home but we at least got started haha

IMG_6516.jpeg

IMG_6528.jpegIMG_6529.jpegIMG_6533.jpegIMG_6534.jpegIMG_6537.jpeg

Donuts: cali
Spinning/whipping shitties: Minnesota (eh)
Roosties: AZ??
Brodies: (Iā€™ve heard this in Cali, not certain on origin)
definitely MN.
I've heard my buddy from Minnesota drop the whipping shitties before and it has been a favorite of mine since.

I ran out of talent on a warm up ride. I came into some whoops in high 4th gear on my 450 when the rear end started to swap side-to-side. The third swap dislocated my shoulder, threw me off the bike, and apparently through a bush. I remember seeing my boots as I tried to run, then next thing I know I'm standing on the trail with my bike 10' away. I took a step and realized my ankle was tweaked (not broken though) and my shoulder had popped itself back in on what I can only assume was my landing. I was alone and luckily only a mile from camp. I didn't know about the stick until I got back and everyone rushed me. I still have the visor in my garage and the stick will not come out. Definitely could have been much worse.

IMG_0836.JPGIMG_0837.JPG

My buddy Charley used to break his truck nearly every trip - his record was 7 of 8 trips he broken something big.

5.27.05 011.jpg
The tie down lasted just long enough to get him off of the hill and to the AAA chase truck.
5.27.05 016.jpg

This was the best one. The upper cross shaft bolts decided to fuck off. Somehow this was the only time that he didn't break a ball joint. I still have the smooth bolt that is bent in every direction. We ended up drilling them out and going with TC billet cross shafts after AAA chase truck saved the day yet again.

12.10.05 004rrr.JPG12.10.05 007rrr.JPG
12.10.05 009rrr.JPG12.10.05 013rrr.JPG

In 2020 I was driving my my wife, daughter, brother- and sister-in-law on the 15 when a 4x8 sheet of ply decided that my truck was entirely too clean. We hit it straight on, which then made it pivot and slam the windshield. It was loud as hell. The dude driving the other truck stopped and we got it all squared away with insurance. While I was pissed that he didn't know how to tie down shit, I respect that he stopped.IMG_5644 2.JPG
IMG_5645.JPG
IMG_5647 2.JPG

IMG_5651.JPG

The weekend after new years 2015 in Glamis. What started out as a fun, simple trip slowly eliminated all of our trucks except for one.
First casualty was my ranger. My friends all had stock interior trucks at the time which are ā€œhop in and goā€ vs me, having to climb through the jungle gym, harness in, add helmet, and go. We were headed for Olds at night and i was following (what i thought was) their tailights.
**Side note; my friends do not go in the big dunes with their trucks**
As Iā€™m chasing down their (not their) tailights Iā€™m realizing the dunes and bowls are getting bigger and bigger. Finally catch up enough to realize Iā€™m chasing a group of SXSā€™s into the dunes way behind olds. Once i fired up my GSP while also trying to drive and shift simultaneously I realized my error and how far off course I was. One dune away, ONE messily albeit large dune away from the road into olds, i crest the top and found a perfect hole sized for a ranger. Itā€™s Hard to tell in the picture but the truck was about roofline even with the hole. Luckily my friend Chris had working 4wd in Clifford (R.I.P. Clifford) and was able to get back there and pull me out.

Then all hell broke loose. I grenaded my transmission accidentally sending it way too big over a dune. Chris blew a head gasket on the F-150. Caseys exhaust fell off. We called it a day and started loading up the next morning. Well who woulda thought a semi truck and sand donā€™t mix? The truck didnā€™t even move an inch when we tried to pull it over to the hard pack to load, it just sank. We dropped the lowboy trailer and somehow got the semi out from under the trailer and over to hard pack. We used our ice chest water and water bottles to try and make a driveway of sorts to back the semi back under the trailer which we thankfully got reattached on the second try after slamming into it at 10mph. Then sank the semi in the sand again. By this point we had been there for 5 hours and were stuck and out of ideas when WAY off in the distance someone in a Cat dozer was crawling towards us. I think his name was Jerry? Whatever it was weā€™d still be there without this guy. He dragged the semi and trailer backwards over to the concrete and refuses to take any cash we had, he was just happy to help. We got a late start towards home but we at least got started haha

View attachment 12151

View attachment 12167View attachment 12168View attachment 12169View attachment 12170View attachment 12171
dude holy shit taking the 18 wheeler out into the sand. šŸ˜¬ Bad ass the dude in the dozer!

I ran out of talent on a warm up ride. I came into some whoops in high 4th gear on my 450 when the rear end started to swap side-to-side. The third swap dislocated my shoulder, threw me off the bike, and apparently through a bush. I remember seeing my boots as I tried to run, then next thing I know I'm standing on the trail with my bike 10' away. I took a step and realized my ankle was tweaked (not broken though) and my shoulder had popped itself back in on what I can only assume was my landing. I was alone and luckily only a mile from camp. I didn't know about the stick until I got back and everyone rushed me. I still have the visor in my garage and the stick will not come out. Definitely could have been much worse.

View attachment 12184View attachment 12185

My buddy Charley used to break his truck nearly every trip - his record was 7 of 8 trips he broken something big.

View attachment 12186
The tie down lasted just long enough to get him off of the hill and to the AAA chase truck.
View attachment 12187

This was the best one. The upper cross shaft bolts decided to fuck off. Somehow this was the only time that he didn't break a ball joint. I still have the smooth bolt that is bent in every direction. We ended up drilling them out and going with TC billet cross shafts after AAA chase truck saved the day yet again.

View attachment 12188View attachment 12189
View attachment 12190View attachment 12191

In 2020 I was driving my my wife, daughter, brother- and sister-in-law on the 15 when a 4x8 sheet of ply decided that my truck was entirely too clean. We hit it straight on, which then made it pivot and slam the windshield. It was loud as hell. The dude driving the other truck stopped and we got it all squared away with insurance. While I was pissed that he didn't know how to tie down shit, I respect that he stopped.View attachment 12192
View attachment 12193
View attachment 12194

View attachment 12195
dude that stick! fackkkkkkkkkk glad you are good!

Picked a bad winter line detailing CR 361 (road to yankee boy basin) above Ouray one winter when I was still working for the mine up there. Had a slow day and jumped in the skidsteer to help widen the road out from the past few snowstorms and wellā€¦ got a bit carried away. Luckily I picked one of maybe 5 spots on that road where it wouldnā€™t have ended catastrophically

Still took a loader and a pretty hefty chain to get it back on the road!

IMG_3614.jpeg

dude holy shit taking the 18 wheeler out into the sand. šŸ˜¬ Bad ass the dude in the dozer!
We had walked the whole area and figured out where the ā€œhardpackā€ sand ended and parked on that area. The rig initially drove to that spot no problem, but we can only assume the wind piled sand up around the tires and other cars driving around all weekend loosened the sand below. It was chaos but dozer guy saved the day for sure

Back