LA GORDITA BLANCA ( Linked Ranger on buggy tires)

Catching back up after not posting for a while👇🏼 Finally got to go shock tuning with Roy the weekend of the Terra prerunner paradise IMG_4715.jpeg
Got this thing working super good just needed more spring in the front to help out with the bigger hits but overall super happy with how much nicer the truck goes through the bumps IMG_4722.jpeg
Hanging with the homies Skylar and Ricky IMG_4724.jpeg
Was super happy with the truck this weekend had zero issues besides a little power steering leak (pretty standard ford thing) was time to clean it up and get ready for thanksgiving trip!IMG_4767.jpeg
I wanted to have some more option lighting wise then just the 3 lp6’s I tried adding lights elsewhere just hated the way everything looked so swapped them out with some xl80s so I can have amber/white on separate or same time. After a once over and a new power steering line she was ready for the trip.

IMG_4808.jpeg
All loaded up ready to go! This is the main reason I wanted rock lights on this thing for those late night load ups/ good work lights. Wouldn’t be a desert trip if you didn’t have to work on anything right? IMG_4811.jpeg
Wheel sensor on ol La Ballena Blanca decided to take a shit in the way out so I swapped it in the oreillys parking lot 🤠IMG_6124.pngKept having this dash board issue would light up like a Xmas tree then completely cut power and the whole thing would turn black I tried a ton of different little easy things but nothing changed I was still able to drive so sent it to the dez anyway. Just more annoying then anything at this point IMG_4813.jpegMade it and was excited to drive the ranger again after the last trip, there was a bunch of family on this trip that hadn’t ridden in the new truck yet so I was excited to give some ridesIMG_4814.jpegAt the top of the hill over looking the lakebed with my little cousin. On the way back to camp I noticed the truck seemed low on power and wasn’t sure what was going on started looking around under the hood and found this connector messed up for the evap purge thing so I got to fixing IMG_4817.jpegDe pinned it and was able to get it all patched up but the truck was still falling in its face and was only getting worse I was starting to get bummed at this point, I had only driven the truck about 30 min and it was only the first day. 67710174-8DB5-47BC-AC50-154ED4016366.jpegThen I found this mess 🫣 fuel cell foam decided to come apart. Cleaned out the filter thinking I had found the issue, it helped a little bit but was still not there. Truck was driveable so I still cruised it around. At this point I should’ve just parked it .IMG_4824.jpegIMG_4825.jpegRipped the studs completely out of the brake booster trying not to drive this thing into a giant wash out. Had to get pulled out and drove back to camp with no brakes. At this point I’m super bummed and over the truck was thinking about just going home 🤣 but I’m true badlines fashion I kept fighting ran down the hill in the AM and picked up a new brake booster (I had replaced this once already and new it was a royal pain in the ass)IMG_4827.jpegIMG_4833.jpegIMG_4832.jpegGot the brakes working again but was still running like shit checked all the plugs/wires the only thing left I could think of was the fuel cell foam got past the filter into the injectors which are also a bitch to change but what did I have to lose at this point 🤷🏼‍♂️IMG_4835.jpegYou have to pull the intake manifold off just to get to the injectors got the new ones in and as soon as it started up I knew that was the issue thing was running better then ever before! I was super happy after all the work it was fixed ! Proceeded to have fun the rest of the trip!IMG_4837.jpegFriends bike broke down so threw it on the back cause it’s still a truck!IMG_4840.jpegPacked up and headed but man this trip kicked my ass.

Next up was annual new years trip got some new fenders from McNeil and mounted em gave the truck a whole new look and actually fit the width of the truck. IMG_4947.jpegIMG_4944.jpegNext up was heavier front springs per Roy’s demands to get this thing to carry the front went up 100lbs on top and bottom spring IMG_4964.jpegIMG_4965.jpegSitting pretty after new fenders and springs💅IMG_4970.jpegDrove it around town here and there to try and work out any other bugs before new years but everything checked out. I was itching to get this thing in the dirt with the new springs.

Attachments

• IMG_4962.jpeg
    IMG_4962.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4959.jpeg
    IMG_4959.jpeg
    265.9 KB · Views: 4
Well after getting the new springs on and a once over on the truck I was ready for New Years trip, so I thought. IMG_5142.jpegIMG_5140.jpegFirst hour of driving around truck said no more 😪 head gasket blew causing to much crankcase pressure blew a bunch of oil out of the pcv valve on to the header and caught on fire luckily was well equipped and got it out before it burned anything up to bad. Over all was super bummed this happened on the first day. Got towed back to camp drained all the oil/ water out of it pulled the plugs and tried to turn the motor but she’s seized up sooooooo on that note if any one has a 2.5 out of a ranger hmu ! Still need it IMG_5267.jpegHow she’s been sitting since new years

Back