KOH 2023

I'll be going and camping at my home. Everyone is free to camp on my property but I'm about 1 hr from the lakebed but close to cougar buttes and that end for the TT Race or high speed sections

Hopefully there is a bit of wind like the hammers normally has to keep the dust down and blown out of the valley.

I'm trying to lock in what dates I will be down there, last couple years we camped at soggy dry lake but its a strike and a half to hammer town. Trying to stay closer but still away from the shit show and cops.

after last years trying to leave took 6 hours just to the pavement, a couple hundred bucks entry and a few other things, i think i can spend my money somewhere else like baja and have a better time.

after last years trying to leave took 6 hours just to the pavement, a couple hundred bucks entry and a few other things, i think i can spend my money somewhere else like baja and have a better time.
6hrs !? What ? That’s wild. And few hundred to enter I didn’t realize it was that pricy

I always forget what I pay at the gate because it's work related and I get it reembursed but it looks like you can get early bird pricing. Camping pass is $26 and general admission is $52

Now I'll say this... The $52 is just so you can get into Hammer Town and walk around. If you have no interest in visiting with the vendors, buying food, or watching the podium then you don't need it. You can still drive around the desert and watch some racing.

If you are NOT bringing an RV out to camp and just a truck and tent you can easily drive around the entrance and also skip the camping pass. Or you can camp outside of the entrance area for free as well and then just drive your truck in if you have an RV.

I personally don't mind the chaos and expense. I truly think it's the offroad burning man and love to see it grow therefore I don't mind contributing funds to it.

Lastly the 6 hour line to get out on Sunday is nuts! I've always just planned around it. Last year I left at 2am. No traffic at all haha. But that's also because I worked out there all week and didn't feel like driving home right after work. I went to bed around 8pm, had my alarm set for 3:30 but woke up at 2 and said screw it. Most people aren't going to wake up and leave that early so I'd just plan to stay an extra day. Sitting in that line looked miserable. My co-worker left on Saturday evening after the race around 6pm and it took about an hour to get through that line.

1671032996217.png

Last edited:
I still have never been to the actual hammer town. Only been out for 1 TT race and it SUCKED... I really want to try and make it out to atleast watch the shenannigans at night and maybe link up with some of you degenerates.

@sdecurti and I chatted this am, thinking Wednesday afternoon/ evening roll out be out there through Saturday Eve or Sunday AM early.

@theycallmeWALLY do you camp in the vendor area ?
No, Never wanted to be stuck in there behind the gates. I camped in the Lake bed last year. Other then the dust it was great and close to the main entrance for work.

Turkey claw looks like a solid spot.

Got an email from Koh.

If going into hammertown

Buy your tickets now. The price increases to $75 on 1/2/2023…and $100 at the gate.

Hopefully one of these topics grab your attention; I’ll keep this short and sweet.

Buy your tickets now. The price increases to $75 on 1/2/2023…and $100 at the gate.

You’re receiving this email because you’ve helped build the Event into what it is today. We want to reward your loyalty by keeping your cost low. Bring your friends, tell everyone you know.

When you buy your ticket, don’t forget to choose YOUR favorite driver. Your choice will receive $10 toward their race program.

Your ticket is also your entry into our first ever pre-event raffle. Hundreds of prizes including: tires, parts, KOH Experience Packages, even a Special KOH Edition Can-Am Defender will be raffled off in the weeks leading up to KOH. Winners will pick-up their prizes from our vendors and partners on the lakebed.

Saturday’s Limited Class Desert Races:
40-mile loop – no remote pits
Class 11 Bugs will race the open course this year

Sunday’s Unlimited Class Races; C10, T2/Buggy racing on Sunday Morning, T1 and B1 solo in the afternoon.
100 miles – 3 laps
One remote pit near Anderso
n Dry lakebed (U4 will share this new pit location)

At least 40 miles of the Desert Loop haven’t been raced in over a decade, and some have never been run.

The rock trails will be harder than ever. For reference, Full of Hate is a 4600 bypass, up.

Oh yes….

For those who haven’t heard, Motos are back!!!!

Great American Short Course is bringing ALL their Pro Drivers to our short course for a big purse battle.

The Shootout returns to Backdoor. No helicopter recoveries, but we’ll have a forklift. 😉

See you on the lakebed,

Dave

Back