KOH 2023

Elliot what day are you talking about the clean-up stuff? I would like to do a day, or overnight to meet up with you and teh gambler guys.... what day do i need to plan on?

I did 2 of the Tread lightly clean up mornings last year. It was tough to get up early and fold up the tent in time to get out to the trails where they were meeting but worth it. I am sure there will be opportunity to clean up Back Door and Chocolate Thunder every morning but you need to get out there before it becomes "closed course" to get the trash outside the spectator areas. It would be a good idea to bring a potato sack with you if you are going out at night to spectate. Like Barstow, I am sure there is plenty of real dump sites out in the homesteads, at giant rock, and such.

Is there a different way to get to camp bear turkey claw than going down Boone road? Boone was a traffic jam last year because of an accident on 247

Is there a different way to get to camp bear turkey claw than going down Boone road? Boone was a traffic jam last year because of an accident on 247
Boone is the only way in or out in an RV. Trucks and pre-runners can take side trails.

Attachments

• IMG_4882.jpg
    IMG_4882.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 6
When is KOH again?! Maybe a time will
Come when I’m not thrashing on my junk to get it ready…….Probably not
AEC9DAD8-C8D9-4F0A-96B0-1B0339393EB1.jpeg

I will be there and racing in B3 (utv) #2921 probably staying in the fenced area right when you cross the bridge.

We plan to head out for just the day. Probably wont go into hammer town, it is just to crazy for us. We might just drop the trailer off camp rock where there arnt to many people. Would be cool to meet up with everyone. Maybe so a run to giant rock or something.

I’ll be out there helping pit and chase for my buddy running the 4800 race. Arriving on the 4th and staying til the 13th

I'll only be out there for a day or two. Is someone going to set a day/time/location to go on a group forum run? I'd like to spectate a bit, but if I'm driving that far to the desert, I'd like to actually use my truck a bit.

looks like josb and i will be out there thursday friday.... not sure if we are camping at tommys or at turkey claw.... by the way where the F is turkey claw?

If going in RV down Boone road and before lakebed where lasertown is on right take dirt trails to left against that mountain. There is some good fairly flat spots. I personally would camp off Bessemer mine road near old MDR night race main pits were. Less traffic and not far to drive to spectate some trails and desert sections.

If going in RV down Boone road and before lakebed where lasertown is on right take dirt trails to left against that mountain. There is some good fairly flat spots. I personally would camp off Bessemer mine road near old MDR night race main pits were. Less traffic and not far to drive to spectate some trails and desert sections.

Josb and i are going. we talked about trying to stay at your property or with elliot since i want to meet up with the gambler guys and elliot for the clean-up stuff.

Sup dudes! Plan to arrive Friday night, camp(ground tent and basic shit) and return home on Saturday. I got vhf as I mentioned and would like to join you guys. Coming over with the wife and the kid. Cheers!

Sup dudes! Plan to arrive Friday night, camp(ground tent and basic shit) and return home on Saturday. I got vhf as I mentioned and would like to join you guys. Coming over with the wife and the kid. Cheers!
Sorry, but that sounds absolutely F-ing miserable to me. Make friends with someone who has a trailer/Motorhome or rent one. It gets COLD at KOH’s, so cold the heater in my Motorhome can’t keep up.

I camped off Bessemer about 10 years ago with Scott and probably a few other of you guys where we had that protected cove looking hill up north. I’m planning to do that again this year. Probably coming in with 4-5 RVs, a handful of SXS and jeeps. If I run into some of you guys there, come say hi! We’re just looking for real quiet hours as we’ll have some small kids with us and we want to be up early to go ride. Our group will be up there Wednesday-Saturday.

Back