KOH 2023

@Giant Geoff Can you post up the actual drop pin of camp when you get there on Thursday?

I'll be there on Friday, just not sure on what time. Hopefully buy 1pm. I know by Sunday Elliot, Scott and myself will all be there and set up although we'll all be leaving until the following Thursday.

We are planning on helping with the cleanup with the Gambler dudes not sure exact details that just yet... I'll try to get a little more intel on that this next week.... We were kicking around the idea of tacos at Backdoor one night maybe ?????
I talked to Nate this morning... waiting to hear when so we can see about joining!

Yotamasters and score sticker with a dirt bike in the rear window. Again, heading overthere Friday. Downloaded onx JV area do you guys share point on onX?416FCFF7-7D9B-4498-9D2E-9096C7E8D9B4.jpeg

I believe we are shooting for Thursday night. Probalby 9-10pm

Location will be at whatever trail is most populated. Either Coco thunder or back door.
Nice. Yeah both of those spots will be poppin Thursday night. Might not make the big taco roundup if it’s Thursday depending on how qualifying goes and if we are fixing the race car since we race Friday morning. Either way I’ll try to come find you guys at some point throughout the week.

Last edited:
Nice. Yeah both of those spots will be poppin Thursday night. Might not make the big taco roundup if it’s Thursday depending on how qualifying goes and if we are fixing the race car since qualifying is Thursday and then we race Friday morning. Either way I’ll try to come find you guys at some point throughout the week.
In all likelyhood taco's will be on the grill most nights.

Thoughts were just... if we're cooking taco's, we may as well be watching trucks do weird stuff.

Someone Posted up this picture on Race-Dezert. If you haven't been... GO!

615ca050-3a1a-4761-b30f-fe7fda351c72-jpeg.263018

Last time I was around that many people at KOH on the trails people from above kept kocking rocks down when walking around and hitting people below them on accident.

Yea it's a calculated risk out there...A real safety 3rd....

Obviously its not advisable to put your meat vehicle in a place where you can have some degen run you over as he backflips his shit on Backdoor. Or as Thomas stated people above you kicking down rocks down is also ungood.

The plus side is that vehicles are going much slower in the rocks than what we experienced way back in 2010.

Sit back and enjoy the melodies...

Yeah and that was also on Sledge hammer which is a much steeper sided canyon with tons of people watching and Backdoor and Choco Thunder isn't as narrow and steep of a valley so not as risky IMO

Yeah and that was also on Sledge hammer which is a much steeper sided canyon with tons of people watching and Backdoor and Choco Thunder isn't as narrow and steep of a valley so not as risky IMO
Pretty sure last year at the unofficial backdoor night on Thursday, someone didn’t make the obstacle and the crowd flipped his truck and threw beer at them. I wouldn’t put anything I car about in that valley anytime koh week. Shit you don’t care about and ex gf’s throw down there all day every day

That's the way to make IFS front end work. I'm hoping it finishes and works well like the bronco on portals did last year.

The Bronco's made some amazing moves last year. I'm sure everyone remembers this:
Loren Healy

The TWC 4Runner was entered in the 2019 EMC with out the portals on a prototype of the Marlin Crawler IFS by Charles Black/Steel City Racing.

I guess the 4600s are allowed to make major changes, as long as it's in a "factory" configuration? Still learning the rules.

I'd also like to know if TWC tuned that 2UZ past what Steel City Racing did with the URD interface. I recall them having to street tune it back then because of no dyno access.

Last edited:
Back