Fenderfab Ranger

I have beard plus 2 for front seats in my ranger and a standard beard in the rear. it comes out and I made mounts for my sons prp youth seat. its for sure a tight fit to get back there but for him it will do for a few years and then ill change it up in the front and mount some more narrower seats. my thing is seat belts. what is everyone that has smaller kids use. I feel like the average harnesses are to thick for them.
Would love to see some pics if you have them!

Continued with some demo last night. Batteries are removed, i did a really shitty job of mounting these battery boxes when i built the cage 12 years ago so i need to do some heavy cutting to get them out. Batteries are going to be moved to the back half of the truck.

I mocked up one of my beard seats in the center in the rear, theres no way i will fit 3 of these in here. I talked to marcel last night and i have a few ideas.

I am thinking of changing the 2 front seats to recliner seats and on sliders. That way i can swing the backrest forward and have access to the sides of the rear seat for storage etc. I am planning to use the same PRP preteen kid seat that marcel used in his truck centered in the rear of the cab. Regardless of the layout i am going to move the front seats forward some to have a more usable layout.

Realistically this is a temporary solution for the next couple years. Im sure down the line i will be building something bigger. I have definetly kicked around the idea of cutting the truck apart and installing a crew cab ranger cab on it but im not willing to take on that extensive of a project right now. I think ideally if funds allow i will keep my ranger and either build something full size or sell it and start a new build.

IMG_4799.jpg

IMG_4802.jpg

I have beard plus 2 for front seats in my ranger and a standard beard in the rear. it comes out and I made mounts for my sons prp youth seat. its for sure a tight fit to get back there but for him it will do for a few years and then ill change it up in the front and mount some more narrower seats. my thing is seat belts. what is everyone that has smaller kids use. I feel like the average harnesses are to thick for them.
I used a replacement set of graco car seat harnesses. Works so good for my 1 year old!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2351.jpeg
    IMG_2351.jpeg
    416 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2352.jpeg
    IMG_2352.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 18
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 15
Need to throw a quick thank you to Marcel and Kevin! @marcytech @DialedShockPrep You guys have seriously helped me figure out this 3 seat conversion and its looking like I am going to be able to fit 3 full size seats with some modifications in here.

Im working on removing the battery trays that i unfortunately welded to the factory floor so those are getting cutout and relocated to the back half.

The interior will be getting full sound deadening as well as a black carpet kit. The next step to this renovation will be pulling the dash and i will be removing all of the aluminum panels and Dzus fasteners on the firewall tunnel and fully welding the firewall so its all sealed. The interior firewall has a ton of voids which allows way too much heat inside the cab.

I am possibly considering installing a new dash or at a minimum reworking the dash i have and getting it wrapped in suede. Likely i will rewire the cab portion of the truck and simplify the system a bit.

Back