Dog legging/ tracking /crab walking etc help input

Bosto88

It was brought to my attention that my Bronco is dog tracking. I've looking into causes and everyone says it rear axle to chassis squareness. I've measured from multiple points and it looks like on the passenger side my rear axle is about 1/2 " further back from my radius arm bracket than the driver side.. I don't see an obvious cause yet. The front spring hangers are stock and still riveted on. Bushings look good and the center pin appears to still be intact. Anybody have imput on this either cause or corrections of this issue?

I would probably look at the leaf bushings first that would be the easiest, maybe jack it so the rear tires are off the ground and give the rear axle a good shake to see if anything pizzas when it should have french fried.

I would probably look at the leaf bushings first that would be the easiest, maybe jack it so the rear tires are off the ground and give the rear axle a good shake to see if anything pizzas when it should have french fried.
gonna check that out today hopefully I can get it figured out before KOH

Update- I did some more measuring yesterday and and the drivers side wheelbase is 1/2 shorter also. Both radius arms are set to the same length. Would extending the drivers side 1/2" correct anything? visually the rear wheels are centered in the wheel wells... still scratching my head.

i could be wrong but in my head your wheel base side to side will not cause a crab walk.. as its still possible if those tires are pointed straight to keep the truck straight, but the squareness of the rear end off pointing your rear tires to one side or another causing that crab walk.

Have you measured the center pin locations off known points of the truck from side to side? or even take it to alignment shop and they can tell you the thrust angle of the rear.

I think I figured it out... the drivers side front leaf hanger has a wallowed out hole. Welded in a weld washer hopefully that's it 🤞

Attachments

• 20240108_164725.jpg
    20240108_164725.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240108_170024.jpg
    20240108_170024.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 20
Back