Ditch Loop Trail Work

Looks like we might get some rain the beginning of next week. Hopefully it is enough to keep it moist through Thursday where I can go out and pack in the trail as it is built so far.
1000011983.jpg
This down slope left hander is going to be fun once packed and dialed in for the correct flow.

Last edited:
Looks like we might get some rain the beginning of next week. Hopefully it is enough to keep it moist through Thursday where I can go out and pack in the trail as it is built so far.
View attachment 18114
This down slope left hander is going to be fun once packed and dialed in for the correct flow.
rad! good job dude.... I need to figure out some time I can come help !

rad! good job dude.... I need to figure out some time I can come help !
Let me know when you are free. I have some stuff I need to get done on the truck and house, but I also want to get up and dig. It is a drug, when you get going you want to see the finished product.

I am in a mental dilemma...
Should I be continuing to fully build the trail as I go. Perfecting berms and building jumps along the way. Obviously this is going to take a long time to get to the end, but once there it will be "done".
or
Rough cut the trail to the end and then come back and add features and perfect berms and slope. Trail could be somewhat rideable earlier, but it will be junk. I will probably have to re-route some of what I have rough planned as I start carving berms and realize that the trail wants to be in a different spot.

Option 3 Open up the old fire road down enough where there is an exit and then keep building the perfect trail.

My mind wants to continue to build the perfect trail but I am conflicted.

I am staying on the try and perfect it as I go. A lot got done over the holiday and the trail and berms are all packed up to the current build spot. I hope I can figure out the physics on the next section this weekend coming up.
I started a new IG @Ditch_Diggler to separate most of the digging from my normal account if you want to follow along.

Doug (Simple Pleasures MTB) and Advanced Product Solutions came out to help dig Saturday. We got real close to the corkscrew working. Doug went back out solo on Monday and claims it works now. I can't wait to get back out there Thursday and see where he got it and fine tune it as needed. So Stoked on the build so far.

I still have a few items I want to dial in as well. Things no one would probably even notice but are bugging me. Who wants to come out and dig / session?

Doug (Simple Pleasures MTB) and Advanced Product Solutions came out to help dig Saturday. We got real close to the corkscrew working. Doug went back out solo on Monday and claims it works now. I can't wait to get back out there Thursday and see where he got it and fine tune it as needed. So Stoked on the build so far.

I still have a few items I want to dial in as well. Things no one would probably even notice but are bugging me. Who wants to come out and dig / session?

Thursday night ?

Thursday night ?
For the ride or the dig? I will probably be out there noonish until Sunset, but would be happy to show you what there is so far that night as well. I also plan to be out there most of Sunday afternoon and Monday as well if anyone gets bored.

1000013103.jpg
The corkscrew is working. So stoked. I might finally be able to move on to the next section. 😆
I took two pedals coming out of the turn for safety. I bet once the turn packs and the speed holds it should be doable clean with flow.
Next is build the 2nd line jump over the berm and clear some brush to get both lines to the next section.

Makes me love my tractor even more. Doesn't cut out the shaping or packing but makes the moving so much easier when you have access.

Makes me love my tractor even more. Doesn't cut out the shaping or packing but makes the moving so much easier when you have access.
I wish I had a mini excavator for the back yard dirt jump line. Building a bootleg trail on someone's property in the hills might not go so well if I drive in equipment. :D

1000013614.jpg1000013613.jpg1000013587.jpg1000013436.jpg
Both lines are pretty much done up to the next zone. The bypass line is going to be fun. Over the berm gap is around 12' into a 10' jump into the berm heading into a drop/step-down into the new zone with around 6' of drop and 12' out to the knuckle.
The corkscrew drop line will connect into the new zone with a smaller step down with the landing being the slope we built the other jump on.
The next sections should go fairly fast as I don't have any crazy build ideas in the immediate line... yet.

1000013612.jpg
This is the start of the next zone. Picture taken from the lip of the bigger step-down. Grass is cleared at the knuckle. Thanks to @MaddChadd for the help.

Back