DFM's Ultimate Prerunner Adventure - 820 Mile Point to Point Run

We’re looking at April 10th start in Yuma and end in Benton on the 15th. Might take less days depending on how things go.

I'm game, seems fun.

I'd be bringing my Jeep, though, so dibs on back of the pack.
it ain't prerunner fast but I just had this thing drive all the way from sd to the tip of baja & back. Lemme know once this is a locked in trip so I can get the PTO request submitted.
i'm also doing sand hollow later that month, but the heck with it.

I might be up for this trip in my raptor. I need to do the Mojave road. My parents live on 5 acres in golden valley. Thinking about starting at their place and driving back to slash x off road. Should be able to hit oatman ghost town and then all the regular Mojave spots. Camp one night.

Let's start nailing down a plan since April is coming up fast. 😀

Would you rather do this 820 miles in one shot (probably be April 10th-15th) or do it split up in weekends of April? The plan would be to do this in April for sure since a part of this runs through Primm and we could stop to watch Battle at Primm.

Please let me know what would work best for you guys

One shot would be pretty cool imo, how would you set it up if it were broke up into weekends? Drive half way on the trail, head home, then next weekend head back to half way point and do the last half?

One shot would be pretty cool imo, how would you set it up if it were broke up into weekends? Drive half way on the trail, head home, then next weekend head back to half way point and do the last half?

If we were to split it up there is a total of 7 sections for this whole 820 mile run. This is what it would look like with miles and point to point sections:

START - Section 1: Yuma, AZ to Blythe, CA – 120 Miles,
Section 2: Blythe, CA to Desert Oasis, CA – 122 miles
Section 3: Desert Oasis, CA to Primm, NV – 94.4 Miles
Section 4: Primm, NV to Shoshone, CA - 75.9 Miles
Section 5: Shoshone, CA to Beatty, NV – 141 Miles
Section 6: Beatty, NV to Lone Pine, CA- 153 Miles
END - Section 7: Lone Pine, CA to Benton, CA- 133 Miles

Once we get into Death Valley area from what I have seen on Youtube and google earth it look like we would need 4wd or find a 2wd friendly route around that section.

Another option is to do this from Yuma, AZ to Primm, NV instead and that would only be a Friday-Monday run. Everyone would drive home from Primm after the BAP race.

down for a single shot.
I probably won't want to drive that far for a 2nd half on a 2nd weekend tbh. big trips take a lot out of you almost like you need a vacation from your vacation.

also, just as an aside - if there are routes that don't require us to go through Primm but would be more awesome, i'm down for that.
I dgaf about battle at primm, personally.

That's a 10 day trip right there when you break it down like that. So awesome. I can't wait to see the photo dump afterwards.

subbed. Will probably try and see if i can jump in and out at a certain point of the trip, prob cant do the whole thing.

Back