DFM's Ultimate Prerunner Adventure - 820 Mile Point to Point Run

DFM is cooking up something epic! Picture this: 820 miles of pure dirt, backroads, and off-the-grid exploration. No more then 10 prerunners max to keep things simple. Now this route was originally planned and done by BDR with Adventure Bikes, but has not been done with trucks.

We're calling it the DFM's Ultimate Prerunner Adventure, and trust me, you won't want to miss out. For 6 days straight, we're diving into the heart of Picacho State Park, hitting the Colorado River for some riverside camping magic, and even throwing it back in time at Laws Railroad Museum. Oh, and did I mention the ancient rock art at Fish Slough Petroglyphs and the hidden gem, The Reward Mine? Yeah, we're hitting those too!

Now, here's the deal – we're not in a rush. We're talking moderate/fast speeds, camping under the stars at killer spots, and navigating our way through the backroads with a downloadable map from our friends at Backcountry Discovery Routes. It's not just about the journey; it's about pushing our limits, sharing stories, and soaking in the stunning landscapes Southern California has to offer.

We had a chat with our pals at BDR, and they said it's a perfect ride for 2 wheels. However, the verdict's out on trucks, so we're thinking of doing some prelanding before hand to make sure we can handle this run in trucks.

So, if you're Down For Mobbing 820 miles with us, let us know what you think below. Maybe we kick things off with a small run from Yuma, AZ to Primm, NV, and catch the Battle at Primm race? Let us know!

There's a ton of info about this route on the BDR website, and you can even check out a video of the whole route.

Image 12-28-23 at 8.14 PM.jpg

Yea I’m interested in some dates!
Rad when are you planning on doing this? Would love to be a part. Skip the prerun! Sent it haha

Would you guys want to do the full 820 miles? It takes the 2 wheel guys 8 days to do the full run. We could probably cut this time in half. From the video they posted and google earth it looks like mostly fire roads and sand wash. I think having a 4wd in the group would be a good idea too.

If we were to do the full 820 miles, coming back would be something that we need to figure out. I would not want to drive streets/freeways back with a th400 lol. For me or anyone else in SD area that would be 6 hr 38 min (392.3 mi) coming back on the street. I know a th400 can do it, just would not be fun. I have a buddy that runs up and down the coast doing hot shot stuff for dealerships. Maybe we can get him to tow a few trucks back down once we're done. I don't know, just something to think about.

AS FOR DATES: What if we did this 820 mile run around the same time as Battle at Primm? That would be April 12th-14th. Since the run would take us to Primm, we could stop there for the day and watch racing and maybe stay the night or keep moving on. Doing this in April would allow all us enough time to save up and prep our stuff. Let me know your thoughts on all this are and what dates you think would work.

Overall I think this would be a super epic run - tent camping and living off what we can fit into our trucks with some AMAZING views!

This seems like a sweet run! Is there a way to rsvp or how to sign up? I’d be down to run something like this, love pushing my rig and limits🤘🏼

Man that's a LONG haul. Between time off, fuel, prep, food etc that would be a expensive trip.
We just got done putting 200 miles down from slash x to laughlin and farting around, and I'm ready to go home lol. That was with staying In hotels. This is the kind of trip where trans line clamps and fuel fittings are more important than big shocks!

Man that's a LONG haul. Between time off, fuel, prep, food etc that would be a expensive trip.
We just got done putting 200 miles down from slash x to laughlin and farting around, and I'm ready to go home lol. That was with staying In hotels. This is the kind of trip where trans line clamps and fuel fittings are more important than big shocks!
gotta get a fuel sipping 22re. 😂

This for sure will be one that tests the patience just as much as the equipment on the truck.

Hell yea! This is my kind of trip, this is the kinda stuff I built my truck for. Sounds like too much for a weekend. Sounds like a 4-5 day deal.
If the dates change I would be in, I have a run on the books for April 10-14 (posted in the up coming runs)

Bringing in all the negativity 😂. But you’re right. This would definitely test smaller components for sure. That’s why we would like the people going to have a very good understanding of their truck and be self efficient fixing anything that may come up. We will be far from town and more than likely out of cell service.
If I'm not working, and my truck is together I'm hella down for this...have 4wd too
Would love to have you along dude! You also have a chainsaw if we need to clear anything out the way lol
Hell yea! This is my kind of trip, this is the kinda stuff I built my truck for. Sounds like too much for a weekend. Sounds like a 4-5 day deal.
If the dates change I would be in, I have a run on the books for April 10-14 (posted in the up coming runs)
The plan as of now would be to leave few days before Battle at Primm race. So probably leave Yuma on the 10th of April.

Sounds like an epic trip. I have done tons of dmc trips and a long day of offroading is 200 miles of dirt and 12 hrs of driving. Plus those days were ones that ended in a hotel and fast food so no camping setup, cooking dinner, making tents/bed etc. A good day of offroading with more than 5 trucks was 150 miles and that usually took most of the day UNLESS everyone has done the trails before and their trucks are prepared for that many consecutive days and hours of offroading, not just a few hour drive a couple times a day for a weekend or 3-4 days

^^^very similar views/experience over here.

120 miles/day is pretty leisurely and will allow lots of time to experience the sights and do some exploring. That’ll get you into camp while it’s still light outside.

200 miles/day is totally doable if trucks are well-sorted, reliable, and participants drive knowing their trucks have to survive the entire trip.

Packing up camp in the morning goes much better once the group has done a lot of camping and doesn’t bring oodles of unnecessary fluff…

This looks like an amazing experience!

Cheers!

I'd be down for this for sure, especially if it were a bit later in year with a bit more sunlight in the afternoons. Having done about 60% of that route in pieces already it would be fun to link them all together.

I'd be down for this for sure, especially if it were a bit later in year with a bit more sunlight in the afternoons. Having done about 60% of that route in pieces already it would be fun to link them all together.
It’s interesting that you said you’d done 60% of that route… that’s exactly what my estimate was of what I’d done. Did you read my post earlier in this thread?

It’s interesting that you said you’d done 60% of that route… that’s exactly what my estimate was of what I’d done. Did you read my post earlier in this thread?
Still hungover from a week off? Of course I stole your number although I probably have to update that after reviewing the map as I don't think I've seen your truck on Jubilee pass. It's probably at 68% now.

Still hungover from a week off? Of course I stole your number although I probably have to update that after reviewing the map as I don't think I've seen your truck on Jubilee pass. It's probably at 68% now.

Get a single cab Toyota you two!

Back