Budget ESB brorunner

Wyatt_cato

So here’s a progress report and story on that Toyota pickup posted a couple months ago. Bought this 1993 Toyota pickup 2wd manual 5 speed with the 22RE in San Pedro for $3,500, absolutely clapped the fuck out. E5E8F3C1-944D-4E12-A4C1-01DC8793E71C.jpegB535A95E-B01C-4385-9AC0-CC37A56E0C6B.jpeg
Truck needed all new uniballs, new bolts, new bushings and some new paint on the arms. Driver side LCA uniball was so seized into the arm I damn near had to get a new one as we were stumped nothing was making it budge. Till a friend with a 55 ton press asked to give it a shot.
7B57ABB4-08D7-49D2-8C9D-ABAE5A68EF92.jpeg056169A2-A0ED-4B0B-B92C-ACAF8998935B.jpeg5281AF41-D31B-435E-A2CA-33A4B3D275C9.jpegBDB47C8D-213B-41C5-9C21-70501E8DDC1E.jpeg
Trying to find certain bolts for this truck was no easy task either. For example the spindle bolt came with a stick of all thread that runs about 20 inches long. Trying to find a grade 8 was impossible so went with one of the Kartek upright bolts and it worked perfectly. Drove the truck around the block and front end felt great. Now time to start on the rear.
B51CD90A-EDA8-4990-BF03-FB6080CFACFF.jpeg
Truck came with what we believe are deavers on giant Motorsport shackles. No rear shocks on the truck. Another weird thing about the truck. One owner in its life decided to cut the existing bedcage out, throw a different bed on and ran the truck with no shocks.
B279033D-CAE3-4062-A319-F9792663275A.jpeg
After a little bit closer of an inspection shackles we’re completely racked. They were tweaked and crashing into the frame and we knew we couldn’t run the truck like that.
image.jpg
Made our selves some knockoff TC shackles.
We tacked in our lower shocks mounts and that’s when the snowball hit. Stock gas tank is right where the passenger side shock is going.
0E86B5E4-4172-4FCB-871D-6F634715C3DF.jpeg
Picked up a fuel cell on marketplace for a hundred bucks, my lines, fittings, and a fuel pump.
EA8819D9-D30D-42BA-8485-5DD9BDD27296.jpeg
Now onto present day. Finished the day off with tacking on the tubes for the bedcage. T-minus 5 days till KOH so hopefully she’ll make it. I’m gonna try to keep posting more updates to this thread as time goes on but for more real time stuff you can follow me @Wyatt_cato. Any questions or tips on the truck or this ESB kit drop em below!

So here’s a progress report and story on that Toyota pickup posted a couple months ago. Bought this 1993 Toyota pickup 2wd manual 5 speed with the 22RE in San Pedro for $3,500, absolutely clapped the fuck out. View attachment 19644View attachment 19645
Truck needed all new uniballs, new bolts, new bushings and some new paint on the arms. Driver side LCA uniball was so seized into the arm I damn near had to get a new one as we were stumped nothing was making it budge. Till a friend with a 55 ton press asked to give it a shot.
View attachment 19646View attachment 19647View attachment 19648View attachment 19649
Trying to find certain bolts for this truck was no easy task either. For example the spindle bolt came with a stick of all thread that runs about 20 inches long. Trying to find a grade 8 was impossible so went with one of the Kartek upright bolts and it worked perfectly. Drove the truck around the block and front end felt great. Now time to start on the rear.
View attachment 19650
Truck came with what we believe are deavers on giant Motorsport shackles. No rear shocks on the truck. Another weird thing about the truck. One owner in its life decided to cut the existing bedcage out, throw a different bed on and ran the truck with no shocks.
View attachment 19651
After a little bit closer of an inspection shackles we’re completely racked. They were tweaked and crashing into the frame and we knew we couldn’t run the truck like that.
View attachment 19652
We tacked in our lower shocks mounts and that’s when the snowball hit. Stock gas tank is right where the passenger side shock is going.
View attachment 19662
Picked up a fuel cell on marketplace for a hundred bucks, my lines, fittings, and a fuel pump.
View attachment 19663
Now onto present day. Finished the day off with tacking on the tubes for the bedcage. T-minus 5 days till KOH so hopefully she’ll make it. I’m gonna try to keep posting more updates to this thread as time goes on but for more real time stuff you can follow me @Wyatt_cato. Any questions or tips on the truck or this ESB kit drop em below!
Upper shock tabs are tacked in
13CC77CE-6140-4077-8BBF-A84E334BCDEB.jpeg

So here’s a progress report and story on that Toyota pickup posted a couple months ago. Bought this 1993 Toyota pickup 2wd manual 5 speed with the 22RE in San Pedro for $3,500, absolutely clapped the fuck out. View attachment 19644View attachment 19645
View attachment 19646View attachment 19647View attachment 19648View attachment 19649
View attachment 19650
View attachment 19651
View attachment 19652
View attachment 19662
View attachment 19663
5AA62739-A2A8-4CD7-9649-883B4586C1E1.jpeg36366225-9792-4870-A6EC-01836330DA3D.jpeg
Wrapped up the bedcage and Plumbed the fuel cell, trucks feels amazing. Tomorrow gonna get my new wheels mounted, alignment, and wire up the rear chase bar and the HIDs. Hammers bound!

View attachment 19869View attachment 19870
Wrapped up the bedcage and Plumbed the fuel cell, trucks feels amazing. Tomorrow gonna get my new wheels mounted, alignment, and wire up the rear chase bar and the HIDs. Hammers bound!
KOH was a blast truck ran great all weekend. Ran out of time to fill the new rear shocks with nitrogen so we ran around all morning out there looking for a camp that had some no dice. So next best thing, fill it up with a bike pump lol. E8A0AA9C-062B-409B-B9D8-3FB613CCA6F9.jpeg19534AFC-6AE0-4E0E-905E-B676083CADCE.jpeg
Front end felt great but rear definitely needs some weight, spares are next and any other additive weight I can think of will be going in hopefully before the MORE race in march. If anyones interested I’ve got a video of the truck hittin a little whoop section on my instagram @Wyatt_cato
Oh ya and smacked on the new wheels #nothelton
CDA9BF42-D168-4016-94DA-3A22F505A5F4.jpeg

View attachment 19650
View attachment 19651
View attachment 19652
View attachment 19662
View attachment 19663
Finished up the chase light today, side lights have live brakes while the ambers runs on a switch 0785391B-5B8B-42B1-AD31-258443B34BE1.jpeg665DE84E-C437-48D5-A9C9-709A095B019F.jpeg

View attachment 19650
View attachment 19651
View attachment 19652
View attachment 19662
View attachment 19663
Forgot to throw this in my KOH recap post, the truck ran flawless expect for one issue, the previous owner installed the power steering just completely wrong. One of the things on my list was to fix a couple of the hard lines that were mounted and it just slipped my mind and ran it as is, after a couple runs the line moved, causing a soft line to be touching a pulley and slowly slicing the line until a there was a little pin hole and fluid was everywhere. Cut the line at the hole and shortened it and zip tied it away. Didn’t give us anymore issues. 0DF4DA19-205C-49B9-BFE2-19E27C434FEA.jpeg

View attachment 19650
View attachment 19651
View attachment 19652
View attachment 19662
View attachment 19663
Brought that truck out to the MORE race in Barstow as my media get around, had so much fun finally being able to open up a bit in the truck. Hopefully going to revalve the rear shocks and she’ll be money! 70482B91-E27A-4CF7-BD96-1839454DCF47.png

View attachment 19650
View attachment 19651
View attachment 19652
View attachment 19662
View attachment 19663
Was finally time for the truck to get some 35s, cole over at ERD offroad hooked it up with this set! 1CB09487-8FAD-4B28-B54F-828A9888815F.jpeg

Back