Bronco at Home (1967 Scout 800)

Donttellmywiferacing

My wife has always wanted an Early Bronco, but as we all know, the market on them is insane, so I began showing her alternatives and she really liked the early International Scout 80/800s. I had a Ford Capri MK1 I had dreams of turning into a lightweight V8 powered street fighter but had kind of lost interest in, so I set out to trade it and found someone a city over looking to trade one for another project.

This thing is a total rust bucket, but I've found most of them are. Its a rare "sport top" model which I dont personally care for so a hard top is on the list. It runs and drives awesome, but with 4 wheel drums it doesn't stop very well. My plans are a 4.3 Vortec swap which is really common on these vehicles but I just may do a 5.3LS/4L80 and mate it to the original T case.

Capri I traded
IMG_3700.JPGIMG_3701.JPG

The Scout
IMG_3719.JPGIMG_3725.JPGIMG_3799.JPGIMG_3800.JPGIMG_4344.JPGw3uxd66ejn7q882ky5emoqpji9uwev.jpg

The little Dana 20/27 Axle combo wasn't going to survive more horsepower than the little 4 banger, so I immediately sourced a couple Scout II Dana 44's that will go under it soon.
IMG_3608.JPGResized_20240723_172426_1721780773611.jpeg

The Steelies aren't really my speed and wont clear the 44 hubs anyways so swapped some junk roller 31x10.5's and slotted mags. She's going to need a 2.5 lift, kicking around even doing something with radius arms in the front.
IMG_4373.JPGIMG_4378.JPGIMG_4574.JPG

Any plans for the body at the moment? I love seeing these things in that original blue color with high gloss. Would be a hell of a lot of body work for this though...

Man, i love those wheels! I was thinking about going this route when i change the wheels and tires on my old Dodge. Either these or AR23s.

Any plans for the body at the moment? I love seeing these things in that original blue color with high gloss. Would be a hell of a lot of body work for this though...
about $2000 in replacement sheet metal, I'm in between having the paint and body done in Baja or doing as much as I can myself and getting the rest done locally, thankfully IH didnt seem to know what a radius was outside of exterior sheet metal, so a lot of it i can probably tackle. It's pretty damn rusty from the firewall back though for sure.

Back