Brake line routing on beams

Thefuntruck

Anyone have good pictures on beamed truck of how to run the brake line down to the radius arm mount, flex lined, then hardline down radius to beam/knuckle then flex to caliper. I want to order parts but was hoping to steal someone’s design.
Thanks for the help.

No real design to steal. I personally use -3AN flex lines on each end that are the same end and then use 3AN flare on hardline to a bulkhead that is bolted to the radius arm at each end. Then banjo adapter for the end to caliper.

I’ll get you some pictures tomorrow. All you’ll need are 12” -3 flex lines at each pivot. Run hard line from master cylinder down the frame to the radius arm pivots, nut and flare it, flex line to bend at your pivot, hard line down the radius arms to the beams, flex to the banjo that goes into the caliper.

I had never done brakes before and it’s become one of my favorite things to do. I think they’re fun to make!

Use this tool

Here are the parts you’ll need and the quantities I used

Flex lines x4

Banjo fittings (I believe these are the ones I used for the fronts: bronco calipers) double check with what you need, and check if 90 or 45* is what you need. Might be wise to buy both and return what you don’t use)

X1 pack of weld on tabs

X1 clips

X1 of these. These go through the weld on tabs above and the clips hold them in place

I bought x2 of these and keep the spares in my truck

X1 of these. You’ll need it to split for both sides of the truck. The other can be used when you do the rear brakes

You can route them up the radius arms but them it sucks when you have to pull the tranny or you can run it behind the shocks and up to the frame.

Attachments

• 101_3449.JPG
    101_3449.JPG
    311.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 101_3450.JPG
    101_3450.JPG
    357.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 101_3452.JPG
    101_3452.JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 101_3466.JPG
    101_3466.JPG
    369.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_0076.JPG
    100_0076.JPG
    285.1 KB · Views: 21
Wow ask and you shall receive. That helps a lot. Thanks guys.
I was planning to keep the line behind the coilover but that’s interesting looping it around.
Is the factory line 3/8x24 to thread into the master? Everything else is new from there but that has to be factory size.

I was always told to route it in a way that it’ll move the least. Not saying it’s the best or only way, just the way I learned and have always done it. Hasn’t failed me yet!

Anyone have good pictures on beamed truck of how to run the brake line down to the radius arm mount, flex lined, then hardline down radius to beam/knuckle then flex to caliper. I want to order parts but was hoping to steal someone’s design.
Thanks for the help.
I’ll be posting some pics tomorrow of brake line routing on my beams and lower crossmember

Back