Baja Designs Lights ~ WHOS GOT THEM AND WHAT ARE YOU RUNNING?

I GOTS A QUESTION FOR YA BRANDON, that probably a lot of you fucks are thinking as well.........

with everything going to LED and whatnot, are you guys ever going to bring more of a halogen/HID/whatever the fuck the big lights are, lights back? what is the downfall with them/why is no one making them anymore?

honestly asking cause i don't know the difference. just that everyone and their M*********M says how shitty the LED lights are. personally, I've only seen a few sets of them, and i think they suck, i think, but that could be me just wanting to jump on the bandwagon because i literally cant remember it. haha

WHY are halogen/HID better/safer/liked or disliked? what's the difference between HID / halogen / LED?

RATARD taking the beating here of being a dumdum asking because i have a legitimate reason and the government does classify me as a ratard. sooooooooooo.............. ha
It all comes down to efficiency and lifespan. I don't think we will ever bring back the HID or Halogen lights as it would be stepping backward with the technology out today.

Efficiency: (Generic Values not specific to BD products)
  • LED = 75-110 lumens/watt
  • HID = 30 lumens/watt
    • The lumens/watt is like LED but loses based on all the optical losses required to redirect the omnidirectional (360 deg) light to the desired pattern.
  • Halogen = about 20 lumens/watt
Lifespan: (Generic Values not specific to BD products)

• LED = Up to 50,000 hrs (Cree can go longer)
  • HID = 2,000 – 8,000 hrs
  • Halogen = 2000 hrs
If you think that LEDs suck then you have been using either bad Chinese manufactured lights or the color temperature is affecting the performance. At the end of the day, you gain more performance over power with LED over the others in question plus added lifespan. If you have yet to try out one of our new lights I would recommend giving them a shot.
Best,
Brandon

Pretty rad seeing some familiar names in the industry having a presence around here, got some BD products on my radar for when I get off my ass and get some bumpers built for the rig. Also a squadron fog light kit may find its way onto the tow pig too...
Happy to be here and answer all the questions you guys have. Let me know when you get things rolling and I can get you all squared away with some lights.
Best,
Brandon

Let's See Those Baja Designs

Let's see those Baja Designs lights. This is a place for any questions about our lights and what the best application for your setup may be. Feel free to post any pictures of your builds with Baja Designs lights.
View attachment 12000
2 squadron sports on bumper with onX6 30” bar in grille. 3 s2’s in the 3rd brake light, 2 s1’s on the brap mobile and also an s1 on the MTB (not pictured).

Attachments

• 925691A1-9155-46B2-9078-EFDE6CAEF747.jpeg
    925691A1-9155-46B2-9078-EFDE6CAEF747.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 15
  • BF193A31-98FF-4F54-BC4E-3F0818CE5D2C.jpeg
    BF193A31-98FF-4F54-BC4E-3F0818CE5D2C.jpeg
    314.2 KB · Views: 13
  • E24B61D3-FEDD-434F-9378-68019FFA4330.jpeg
    E24B61D3-FEDD-434F-9378-68019FFA4330.jpeg
    353.7 KB · Views: 20
2 squadron sports on bumper with onX6 30” bar in grille. 3 s2’s in the 3rd brake light, 2 s1’s on the brap mobile and also an s1 on the MTB (not pictured).
Sweet setups man. I'm surprised I don't hear more about the S1 on the MTBs but that's what all of the guys here run that ride. Thanks for responding.
Best,
Brandon

Sweet setups man. I'm surprised I don't hear more about the S1 on the MTBs but that's what all of the guys here run that ride. Thanks for responding.
Best,
Brandon
I thought I had a crazy idea so I called BD and he said yeah all of us do. He was able to point me towards a lupine mount and a 12v battery and it is sweet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 18
I thought I had a crazy idea so I called BD and he said yeah all of us do. He was able to point me towards a lupine mount and a 12v battery and it is sweet.
Sounds like Owen or I got ahold of you. This is the same setup most of us run as you were told, great for those fun group rides after work.
Best,
Brandon

Sounds like Owen or I got ahold of you. This is the same setup most of us run as you were told, great for those fun group rides after work.
Best,
Brandon
I think it could have been yourself. Either way, great info. Now to get the head light for the dirt bike.

Love the truck man, are you planning on running amber when you move these to the back of the cab or will you be switching some over to clear?
Best,
Brandon
My plan is to change them all over to clear lenses.
Then eventually… get an onx6 behind the grille to get some amber light down low again.

My plan is to change them all over to clear lenses.
Then eventually… get an onx6 behind the grille to get some amber light down low again.
Sounds like a good plan, are you running this off a switch pro or sPOD? Let me know if you still need to order those clear lenses and I can help you out with that.
Best,
Brandon

Sounds like a good plan, are you running this off a switch pro or sPOD? Let me know if you still need to order those clear lenses and I can help you out with that.
Best,
Brandon
Currently I’m running them off of a switch pro, and no I haven’t ordered them yet but I will hit you up when I do!
Thank you🤙🏼

2 on the rear for dust lights and just picked up 2 lp9s for the front of the ranger. Then have the fog lights on my super duty.

Attachments

• IMG-7732.jpg
    IMG-7732.jpg
    911.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-7731.jpg
    IMG-7731.jpg
    603 KB · Views: 13
  • li.jpg
    li.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 12
Back