Baja Designs Lights ~ WHOS GOT THEM AND WHAT ARE YOU RUNNING?

Baja Designs

Let's See Those Baja Designs

Let's see those Baja Designs lights. This is a place for any questions about our lights and what the best application for your setup may be. Feel free to post any pictures of your builds with Baja Designs lights.
1689033390511.png

Got a pair of Squadron pros I robbed of my Tacoma for 4runner
52789691615_78816e369e_b.jpg

52686963356_d8d96a3004_b.jpg

53026394680_96613b8ea0_b.jpg

Got a pair of Squadron pros I robbed of my Tacoma for 4runner
52789691615_78816e369e_b.jpg

52686963356_d8d96a3004_b.jpg

53026394680_96613b8ea0_b.jpg
This thing is siiiicccckkkk. How do you like the Squadrons? Looks like there in a wide cornering, are you doing slower speed crawling for the most part?
Best,
Brandon

I'm running four Squadron Sports with the driving combo up front and a single S2 in the rear for my amber. I'm definitely due for an upgraded lighting package as my truck easily can outrun the current setup.

Attachments

• tempImageoPLFPv.png
    tempImageoPLFPv.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
I'm running four Squadron Sports with the driving combo up front and a single S2 in the rear for my amber. I'm definitely due for an upgraded lighting package as my truck easily can outrun the current setup.
Those Squadron Sports do wonders but at high speeds, the XL lights shine because of the deeper reflector size allowing for more distance out of those leds. I would look at the XL80s if you are after a similar shape but larger light and a crazy output. A few of these would set this truck up for higher speeds.
Best,
Brandon

Im interested to see what you would recommend on my truck?

Im not opposed to cutting out the grill for lighting. Looking to keep the roof line clean. The hood tilts forward so i dont have a ton of height to run big lights on the bumper Been wanting to get some lighting for years but never got around to it.

7F03E549-A97B-4F4B-8A77-C1BB897847C8.JPGED384C87-16CA-46F2-8CE8-C24E7C703005.JPG

Im interested to see what you would recommend on my truck?

Im not opposed to cutting out the grill for lighting. Looking to keep the roof line clean. The hood tilts forward so i dont have a ton of height to run big lights on the bumper Been wanting to get some lighting for years but never got around to it.

View attachment 12009View attachment 12010
Super sick ranger @FENDERFAB,

Do you have any room when that hood is tilted up for is it pretty tight? If you do have some room you can throw a couple of Squadron Pros up there and do a few different lens patterns to disperse the lighting. I've done some testing with the Squadron Pro Spots and they perform really well for the size that they are. I have attached a photo of how one of these lights will perform.

Squadron Pro.png

If you don't have room on the bumper you can run a few in the grill of the truck in a similar orientation, Spot on the center two, Driving Combo next, and Wide Cornering on the further ones.

Another great option if you find yourself traveling at higher speeds more frequently (60mph-130mph) is the XL80s. These are a bit larger but with the different leds and deeper reflectors, the output is amazing. They produce a crazy amount of light and have an even spill of lighting so you could almost get away with just two of these. Light bars are also a great option and are seen a lot on TTBs with the tilt-up hood. If you were looking to do this doing the OnX6 in a 20" would fit well in the grill as well.

XL80.png

Feel free to shoot some ideas my way if needed or would like to quote out some lights.
Brandonk@bajadesigns.com

Best,
Brandon

Dang! Stoked you guys have offered our peeps a discount!

As an industry dude here.... People who are using said discount... Please make sure it is for YOU. If your friends want the discount then have them sign up and reach out to the boys at BD through the forum.

I'm running the squadron pro with the driving combo. Up top its a HID spot beam in the center and floods on the outside. Nevermind the cheap LEDs, they've been deleted on. I feel like I'm lacking mid range to long distance. Whats your recommendation to get this dialed?

IMG_6689.JPGIMG_0001.JPG

I'm running the squadron pro with the driving combo. Up top its a HID spot beam in the center and floods on the outside. Nevermind the cheap LEDs, they've been deleted on. I feel like I'm lacking mid range to long distance. Whats your recommendation to get this dialed?

View attachment 12105View attachment 12106
Sweet buggy man, I have a rail as well and have a similar setup to you minus the HIDs on the roof. If you're lacking the mid/long-range lighting your best bet would be jumping to a large housing light similar to our XL or LP line and switching the squadron pros over to a wide corning for the near illumination. With the larger housing, we are able to fit a much deeper reflector in them which drives the light forward providing more distance out of the same LEDs. I'm personally a huge fan of the XL80s for the output they provide and how well they fill the area in front of me. I had them on my old buggy and that was all the lighting I really needed.

Im running the S8 driving combo on my roof and the Squadron Pros in a driving combo on my A-pillars on my current car. Another option that you can consider and is something that I'm going to be adding soon is fitting an OnX6 10" in the front beam of my car. This will provide you with more forward-facing light and will outperform the Squadron Pros you have on the pillars and most likely those HID on the roof. I'm going to be playing with the lens pattern on this setup from all spots to a full wide cornering based on how my setup performs.

IMG_8029 (2).jpeg

PIc from the waaay back machine. Soltek, by Baja Designs. We had a little sponsor with you guys. Light were amazing even back then.

Proudly displayed on a Jackson Rally Inc. polished and buffed stainless lightbar.

View attachment 12112
Beautiful setup. These older Solteks are getting harder and harder to come by and replacement parts are almost impossible to find. Thanks for the reply and support back then and now. Hopefully in the future, we will have a larger presence in the rally scene.
Best,
Brandon

Back