The Lonely Pinos 250 Prelander run. Bring the kids

Not that it's a secret but I haven't posted up anything about my Bronco getting finished up with Mikey at the Fablab.

With a few local trips before this the bronco should hopefully be dialed in for this trip! Stoked to put it on the calendar!

Thanks for setting it up

Dang no 4x here but got two kiddos, 11 and 7 yr old boys, begging for some off-roading and camp fires!

Way down for a kid friendly non-4x go fast trip

We can mitigate the 4x stuff since there seems to be good interest in a kid friendly run.

I’m open to ideas to make things fun for the kids.

I’m a “give them a long leash” kind of dad. I pissed off some old guys once when I handed my daughter some fireworks and said “have fun, don’t blow your hand off”

I was going to Identify as 4WD anyway bud, it's 2023 🤡

I have Purple Duct tape so we can just tape @Turboyota mouth shut so we are good.

Rouse just thinking about having to keep a lid on it.

bahaha
53378011514_00028ee21f_o.jpg

This isn’t a church trip. Standard shenanigans are fine. I’ll be day drinking and whiskey around the fire.

I just don’t want blow up dolls and campfire stories about bending a hooker over your tailgate 😂 (while the kids are around)

This isn’t a church trip. Standard shenanigans are fine. I’ll be day drinking and whiskey around the fire.

I just don’t want blow up dolls and campfire stories about bending a hooker over your tailgate 😂 (while the kids are around)
So Chris isn't invited? haha

Is Tuttle Creek Campground on a first come first serve basis? Or do you have to make reservations? Never been. Place looks rad.

Is Tuttle Creek Campground on a first come first serve basis? Or do you have to make reservations? Never been. Place looks rad.
That’s great question. I have only ever rolled in late as a quick crash and l left early without paying(sue me😂)

Probably not a bad idea for a few of use to grab a spot and if we end up cramming 3 rigs in per spot it will be late and nobody will care.

I’m kind of guessing 1/2 of the group will just meet up Thursday morning. I always get so jumpy before a trip I like to leave at night even if it’s late.

Or Brandon, we just wait and see if it fills up. I have a plan B meet up spot if this one is booked up. I mean it will be a weekday.

I have the go ahead from work and the wife for these dates. Gonna plan on heading out mid day on that Wednesday to Tuttle Creek CG. Its about a 4 hour drive (250 miles) for me, which is crazy because as the crow flies its only 90ish miles from my house. Thanks Sierra Nevada Mountain range lol. I have a used tent cot that i haven't taken out yet, gonna have to pull that out along with all my old gear and get it ready. The travel trailer has spoiled us lol. Been forever since i did a point to point trip!

Bump, because my son and I are stoked for this trip! We know it’s still a ways out but we are pumped.
Thanks! My buddy Paul in his TTB e350 on 37s is in. My dad is probably in with his 2019 raptor.

I need to pull the 351 from my truck and freshen it up. I’m trying to decide if I should thrash and do it now or wait until after April.

Thanks! My buddy Paul in his TTB e350 on 37s is in. My dad is probably in with his 2019 raptor.

I need to pull the 351 from my truck and freshen it up. I’m trying to decide if I should thrash and do it now or wait until after April.

you should wait, or get on that shit now! lol

Curious to see how many show up with a RTT, ground tent, or sleep in their truck. I plan to build some type of bed cross bar setup for my truck to hold my double tent cot.

Roll call?

WW_RANGER_X (Gen 1 Raptor with son Wes)

Definitely gonna keep my eye on this thread, but since I'd be coming from the bay area, maybe I wouldn't do the whole trip since you're starting at the southern end of the "loop"? Not sure yet, but very interested. I like the sound of a trip mixed with desert stuff and 4wd stuff.

Wait...

As they say. If it aint broke don't fix it.

you should wait, or get on that shit now! lol

Curious to see how many show up with a RTT, ground tent, or sleep in their truck. I plan to build some type of bed cross bar setup for my truck to hold my double tent cot.

Roll call?

They Call me Wally - Ford Bronco & 4 year old daughter.

They Call me Wally - Ford Bronco & 4 year old daughter.
DWPHOTO - Maybe Mouse w RTT /Maybe 4 runner Tent cot or just sleep in truck. 7-year-old son

Back