The Lonely Pinos 250 Prelander run. Bring the kids

4lowlance

**See post 112 on page 6 for most current info**

Mark your calendars, I’ll fill in the details as we approach.

Tentative plan,

Optional meetup outside of Lone Pine at Tuttle Creek CG Wednesday night 4/10

Official meetup Thursday 4/11 at the Alabama hills cafe in Lone pine for breakfast.

Drive north and east.
Route TBD

Maybe do Mt Patterson or the Whites depending on snow.

Maybe Loop through Nevada.

NOT going to Mammoth,
and trying to avoid death valley

This is a Go Fast/See More Prelander trip and the pace will be fast,

HOWEVER,

I plan to stop earlier in the day to setup camp and make the trip enjoyable for kids.
I’ll bring both of mine 13Y/O daughter and 11Y/O son.

I’ve done too many trips with too many hours on the road and made the days miserable for my kids. I really want to focus on making things fun for them while keeping a fast Prelander pace during the day.

I want to include the kids around the fire which means (mostly) watching the F bombs and R rated stories. This isn’t a church trip, but I want it to be really good for my kids and I hope you guys will bring yours.

I plan to be back in Ventura Sunday night.

Ideas? Thoughts? Open invite, just remember the pace will be “brisk”

4x4 required

Attachments

• IMG_1551.jpeg
    IMG_1551.jpeg
    447.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I love that area. I planned a trip from mammoth to tonopah with intent to stay at a miners cabin on night one and the clown motel on night two.

How many miles do you plan to cover each day?

If profanity by the fire is frowned upon because children, I’m probably not the best participant. Bummer.

I love that area. I planned a trip from mammoth to tonopah with intent to stay at a miners cabin on night one and the clown motel on night two.

How many miles do you plan to cover each day?

If profanity by the fire is frowned upon because children, I’m probably not the best participant. Bummer.
you use profanity????? is that what it is called 🤣

I'd love to do a kid centric trip but ironically one of the kids is racing that weekend.

sounds epic... not sure if my 4 runner will be go fast buy then but I'll follow along.

Mouse is basically 4 times 4 with the winch 🤡
He clearly specified 4x4 only. You and me, we are out!! I need to finish my Tacoma

sounds epic... not sure if my 4 runner will be go fast buy then but I'll follow along.

Mouse is basically 4 times 4 with the winch 🤡
@dwphoto don't you still have the overlander Tacoma?

I'm planning on getting the coilovers on the front of 4runner before KOH so I think I'd be able to keep a decent pace and drag who everywhere... unless it's KenVP ( @Endless Trails ) that thing is big haha.

We shall see....
If I need pulling then I am probably broke and I don't think that would be fun for the 22re. :D

Back