99-07c silverado builds

Doubleggregg

Any good build threads for the gmt800 that are not full mega budget builds?

Looking to find pictures of the stock core support modifications people do, fender well / engine cage and also front bumper / valence pictures.

I crashed my truck a few months ago and figured once I get it running I may as well start the build I have wanted to do after it’s running and driving reliably again and looking for inspiration/ motivation.

Gregg

Any good build threads for the gmt800 that are not full mega budget builds?

Looking to find pictures of the stock core support modifications people do, fender well / engine cage and also front bumper / valence pictures.

I crashed my truck a few months ago and figured once I get it running I may as well start the build I have wanted to do after it’s running and driving reliably again and looking for inspiration/ motivation.

Gregg

I have the entire front end from a 2000 2500 sitting in my yard if you need parts to get it back to stock.

I’m getting it back together for the most part but I’m not going to put a stock bumper back on it so trying to figure out what to do there. Since it’s an 07classic the 99-02 stuff is also different IMG_6625.jpeg
Gregg

I like this bumper / valance just would like to see how it’s mounted. I have an idea how I wanna do something just would like to see some others
IMG_6710.png

I used to have a mega detailed thread on my old 07classic on DR. not sure if the pics are still there.

@JACKSONRALLYINC did a bitchen red one way back

I was waiting to see some old pics of trucks I worked on pop up, but nothing yet.

Are you referring to the red 2500, or Eric Hardins?

**edit, just realized you mentioned the red one...

Last edited:
In for this thread, figuring out the path I wanna go on my Tahoe.

Who makes a good 4wd long travel kit for these 99-06 1500 trucks?

In for this thread, figuring out the path I wanna go on my Tahoe.

Who makes a good 4wd long travel kit for these 99-06 1500 trucks?
Lsk and jd fab make stuffs. After I get my Silverado back together I have been thinking about looking for an 05 / 06 4x4 suburban and doing the Jd fab mid travel coilover kit

Just watched some YouTube videos on fender rental of Thea trucks. And got me wondering where all of the stuff that’s attached to the inner fenders is going on some of these trucks that do not have full engine cages.

Any under hood and behind the fender pics out there?

Got about 16 pages thought the Dezertrangers DR rides page and this was the only truck link that had pictures that worked haha. If this is what it looks like behind the stock fenders I’ll quit worrying about the structure and what people did to keep their fuse box, air box, battery tray etc in place. Looks like the majority of the structure can stay when the fenders are replaced with fiberglass.
IMG_6780.jpeg

Lsk and jd fab make stuffs. After I get my Silverado back together I have been thinking about looking for an 05 / 06 4x4 suburban and doing the Jd fab mid travel coilover kit
I’ve looked at that a bit. I do like the idea of stock width as I do some narrow mountain trails from time to time. How much travel does it pull and could you fit a 3” coilover? Was going to work up a 3 link for the rear on the Tahoe try to get like 14 or 15” maybe

I’ve looked at that a bit. I do like the idea of stock width as I do some narrow mountain trails from time to time. How much travel does it pull and could you fit a 3” coilover? Was going to work up a 3 link for the rear on the Tahoe try to get like 14 or 15” maybe
I don’t know much about it the kits, I’ve just been browsing their websites looking at stuff.

Back