2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

04sporttrac

Hey guys, names Zach. Wanting to share my plans for my truck. Trying to build a well rounded truck capable of fun year round up here in the PNW. Base for the build is my 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. I've already begun to collect a ton of parts for the build. Basic plans for the truck=4seater,V8, 4WD,D44TTB, 4link,8 lug axles. Simplicity, coilovers front and rear, rock sliders , winch, 37s. 14-16 inches of usable travel. Fun mild prerunner and capable trail rig. Bonus=snow wheeling in the winter.

Based on your proposed suspension setup, you should be able to get in the 17-24" range (17 front, 24 rear). Should be a cool build! Don't worry about coilovers front and rear. I basically have the same setup as you're planning and I'm a fan.

Based on your proposed suspension setup, you should be able to get in the 17-24" range (17 front, 24 rear). Should be a cool build! Don't worry about coilovers front and rear. I basically have the same setup as you're planning and I'm a fan.
Your truck has been a huge inspiration! I have the front section of frame from a 93 ranger I'm using for the ttb swab along with Go fast explorers d44 conversion brackets, solomotorsports engine cage, desolate stage 3 beams and radius arms.

Your truck has been a huge inspiration! I have the front section of frame from a 93 ranger I'm using for the ttb swab along with Go fast explorers d44 conversion brackets, solomotorsports engine cage, desolate stage 3 beams and radius arms.

Nice! If you're going to use the full D44 beam, why not use a bronco or f150 frame section? Does the Explorer line up better? I'm using the d35 beams but with d44 ends

Back