Sold 1997 Ford Expedition 4x4 Prerunner Bend, OR

Sold Item. She Gone!

Lucas

Up for grabs is a truly exceptional 1997 Ford Expedition that's not just an off-road beast but also a smooth operator on the road. It's time to let someone else experience the thrill of this amazing off-road toy, as I'm transitioning to a pickup truck for my evolving needs and hobbies. Willing to trade for a full size crew cab 4x4 pickup of similar value. Runs excellent and drives around town and down the highway good. I have taken this on 8 hour road trips and it’s easy and comfortable to drive. This could be your new off road party wagon! Located in Bend, OR - $15900. Best to call/text me at 805-415-4879 but I will try to check in here also.

New Ford Motorcraft 5.4L crate engine installed in November 2020
New Platinum AGM battery installed earlier this year
Factory 3.73 gears with limited slip rear

Front suspension:
Dixon Bros long travel 4×4 suspension kit
All heim steering, with boxed lower and tube upper
Factory arm mount (can be aligned easily)
2.5″ King Coilovers with King triple bypass, and Bump stop
Nexus Metalworx fabricated shock mounts and a simple single bar over the motor that is removable.
Front travel is strapped at 16″

Rear suspension:
Factory lower link mount but with 4130 boxed links with uniball on both ends
2 fabricated heimed upper links
Pan hard bar that’s heimed also (for very predictable handling and reduced sway).
King 2.5 Coilovers and King Bump stops
Rear travel 18″

Interior
The interior Cab cage is .120 wall DOM and it’s all completely Tig welded 360* no short cuts or garage fab
(Everything was professionally built at the shop)
4 Beard Bucket seats
4 – 5 point Crow harnesses.
Lowrance GPS
Race radio
Siren/race horn (beep beep!)
Aftermarket stereo with amp and dual subs

Exterior:
Fiberglass fenders front and rear
Custom roof rack with a bunch of lights
Trailer hitch

Attachments

• 20221015_080427.jpg
    20221015_080427.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 20221022_155838.jpg
    20221022_155838.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 20221022_181918.jpg
    20221022_181918.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 20221125_140940.jpg
    20221125_140940.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 20221127_180310.jpg
    20221127_180310.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 20230926_113137.jpg
    20230926_113137.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 92
  • image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image000001.jpg
    image000001.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 86
  • image000004.jpg
    image000004.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Apparently Racer Off Road in Phoenix built it originally from an old post on race dezert forums.

I have seen this in ocotillo years ago, I forget the old owners name but he offroaded/ran around Pahl or paul with the black Explorer he was on DR back in the day. Super cool expedition though, I wish I had bought it last time it was for sale.

I have seen this in ocotillo years ago, I forget the old owners name but he offroaded/ran around Pahl or paul with the black Explorer he was on DR back in the day. Super cool expedition though, I wish I had bought it last time it was for sale.

Pahl here...Damien Martin was the guy who owned it and yeah we mobbed it in Ocotillo a lot. It's an amazing truck.

Fun connection to this owner: Lucas I am Chris Nebel's friend and I'm pretty sure we met at his place in Chico ages ago. GLWS. This SUV is bad ass!!! Everything on it was nicer than my Explorer...I was jealous.

Pahl here...Damien Martin was the guy who owned it and yeah we mobbed it in Ocotillo a lot. It's an amazing truck.

Fun connection to this owner: Lucas I am Chris Nebel's friend and I'm pretty sure we met at his place in Chico ages ago. GLWS. This SUV is bad ass!!! Everything on it was nicer than my Explorer...I was jealous.
Hey Pahl! Yeah Chris texted me about being friends Damien. Small world! I also tagged along with Chris to a couple of Pismo trips and rode in your XJ and then your Explorer. I tell many people about the time this crazy guy took me for a ride in his XJ and kept driving into the ocean (and then flopped it on its side). And then on the trip when you had your Explorer, Elliot sent the mouse into a witch's eye and broke some stuff. Memorable trips that made me want a long travel something and now that I have it I realized I don't have money for all of the hobbies.

Hey Pahl! Yeah Chris texted me about being friends Damien. Small world! I also tagged along with Chris to a couple of Pismo trips and rode in your XJ and then your Explorer. I tell many people about the time this crazy guy took me for a ride in his XJ and kept driving into the ocean (and then flopped it on its side). And then on the trip when you had your Explorer, Elliot sent the mouse into a witch's eye and broke some stuff. Memorable trips that made me want a long travel something and now that I have it I realized I don't have money for all of the hobbies.
oh shit didn't realize you were on that trip of the lawn dart 🤡🤡

Elliot I'll never forget your greatest us of "zero fucks were given" during that night.

Lucas I didn't connect your name...you are the Viking! Chris just said "my buddy bought Damien's old truck and you've met him before". I love this small community!

Elliot I'll never forget your greatest us of "zero fucks were given" during that night.

Lucas I didn't connect your name...you are the Viking! Chris just said "my buddy bought Damien's old truck and you've met him before". I love this small community!
ha! That's right, I almost mentioned that you called me Viking since I'm pretty sure you used that more than my name.

Back