1968 Ford F-250 Prerunner Build Thread

Thanks. Gonna keep on this thing now that I got my parents 1950 GMC panel truck driving and out of the shop so only smaller projects for a few hours on that thing as they come up when driving it around. Only had pass door on it when they got it beginning of November. Mounted a 1968 Chevy 250 with 3 speed manual in it, disc brake olds bravada rearend, 3" drop disc brake front axle, mounted power brakes under floor like stock, hurst floor shifter, custom modified bronco seat slider and tip base for buckets I scored on it. Made new bumper brackets to mount the bumpers we got onto it and taillights too since factory only had 1 brake light on back door. Been acquiring the hard to find parts like hood, grill, rear barn doors, driver door and a ton of misc stuff. This thing didn't take much time but a week here and there distracted me from my ford project.

PXL_20230626_012147851.jpgPXL_20230626_012210532.jpg

I like the upper mounts. Have you cycled with the tires on at full flex? I had to run mine with the bolt going front to back (instead of across the truck, like yours) since I didn't cycle fully initially and it rubs a bit when flexed wayyyy out.

I even had the plates straight with no cutout initially, but the tire rubbed a ton.

1689870268466.png

I ended up shaving the plates to have the curve and rotated the bumps so the valve points inward.

1689870233909.png

Yeah I have almost a ft of clearance between bump and tire so it's not even close at full bump and sway bar is closer and that's inches from tire too.

Back