water tight roof pass thru?

mobil1syn

i want to put a solar cell on the top of my tahoe. biggest issue is getting the wiring through the roof. anyone have any tricks/plugs for water tight long lasting pass thru?

i want to put a solar cell on the top of my tahoe. biggest issue is getting the wiring through the roof. anyone have any tricks/plugs for water tight long lasting pass thru?
I think it would all depend on how clean you want it to look. But the RV stuff is where it's at.

Eternabond tape, some Sikaflex, Butyl seal tap is what i'd recommend.

That thing @Cleandezert posted looks money ....that and the Dicor caulking shit for sure... just put a panel on the roof of the RV with just the Dicor and so far so good 🤞 how many watt panel you going with ?

That thing @Cleandezert posted looks money ....that and the Dicor caulking shit for sure... just put a panel on the roof of the RV with just the Dicor and so far so good 🤞 how many watt panel you going with ?
yea its a little bulky, so i might use this as my justification to buy a 3d printer to make small more compact version of that one.

i need to do some measuring, but i think this will fit on my roof over the front seats where its flat. putting them on the hood while easier, is too overlander for me. only downside to it is that is never coming off based on talking to them without cracking cells. not stoked on that as at some point the tahoe will need paint, sooner than later.

Back