Tow Vehicles

I have bounced around with toy haulers, lance campers, etc. I am currently in a Monaco and a 20' pj flat bed with drive over fenders. Very hard to meet all the requirements with out this set up.. Towing capacity 10K or more, water capacity 100 gallons or so, etc.. I like my set up, but need an aluma deceiver trailer to stick as close to 10K as possible. Firewood, fuel, truck, etc adds up quickly. We have 5 dogs.. yes 5.. fucking 5.. lol its hard to travel with them, but 40' helps lol.. I had my set up dialed with the enclose trailer and sand cars ,but a pre runner and enclosed trailer doesn't work, so I will creep on this thread to improve on tool storage, fire wood transport, fuel can locations, etc.

I also have a 7.3L dually that I use to tow my junk around when not using the motorhome. Need to upgrade soon, but it gets the job done. Looking for pictures made me realize I don't have many of my set up..
When your not busy can i pick your brain about your monaco? Im in the market soon for one and i want some input.

I would be towing my built ranger on my 20' flat bed but i would like to move up to a 28' x 108" enclosed in the future Ive already talked to fractal about the trailer but i dont know how far over capacity i would be with that setup. I figure my ranger weighs 5k or so.

When your not busy can i pick your brain about your monaco? Im in the market soon for one and i want some input.

I would be towing my built ranger on my 20' flat bed but i would like to move up to a 28' x 108" enclosed in the future Ive already talked to fractal about the trailer but i dont know how far over capacity i would be with that setup. I figure my ranger weighs 5k or so.
Any time, I'll pm you my number. I am no expert, but researched a lot before my purchase.

Gen 1 raptor is the "do it all" rig at the moment :)

Attachments

• IMG_6488.jpg
    IMG_6488.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 44
Big flat tow guy

1999 Ford V10
Road master tow bar. modified by @the_fablab_
Mounts on both trucks by @the_fablab_
Some Classy Harbor Freight lights

53025997886_f0a712b52f_b.jpg

51125597485_cc56e72957_b.jpg

I just got this van 2 months back and was unsure how it would pull. It’s a “one ton” but only rated to pull 6000# 🤷🏼‍♂️

2023 T350 Transit Trail

It’s AWD with the 3.5L ecoboost and 10 speed. Basically f150 running gear but it’s a unibody.

I hooked it up to my new PJ and f150 and “sent it” for the clean desert event and it drives and pulls really well. Trailer brakes were mandatory though.

Sleeping in the van and not on the ground is an amazing game changer 😎
IMG_1604.jpegIMG_1605.jpeg

It’s AWD with the 3.5L ecoboost and 10 speed. Basically f150 running gear but it’s a unibody.

We just used our expedition to tow for the first time. Same setup- 3.5 ecoboost and 10 speed. Blew my mind how well it did. Got between 11 and 12 mpg pulling 8k. I did a load distribution hitch on it since the first time I hooked it up she was squatting hard. That made a huge difference.

I just got this van 2 months back and was unsure how it would pull. It’s a “one ton” but only rated to pull 6000# 🤷🏼‍♂️

2023 T350 Transit Trail

I hooked it up to my new PJ and f150 and “sent it” for the clean desert event and it drives and pulls really well. Trailer brakes were mandatory though.

Sleeping in the van and not on the ground is an amazing game changer 😎
View attachment 17073View attachment 17074
good to see another van tower out there. i was looking at those and the sprinters but the numbers scared me off. nice to know it can handle it. but the 4wd,awd would be great in baja. need to put my setup on a scale.

Back