Tow Vehicles

I like to flat tow Toyotas to prove the naysayers wrong when they tell me flat towing a Toyota will wreak havoc on a buss load of nuns and orphans. Even got a google earth shot
What the hell is the chance you took a photo on the ground while the Google satellite happened to be covering that area!?

What the hell is the chance you took a photo on the ground while the Google satellite happened to be covering that area!?
Probably pretty high considering he was breaking the laws of physics by flat towing a yota, so the government most likely had him under heavy surveillance at the time.

Probably pretty high considering he was breaking the laws of physics by flat towing a yota, so the government most likely had him under heavy surveillance at the time.
I may or may not have been approached by men in black suits warning me to stop because according to the internet if I continue to flat tow yotas with my drive shaft connected we will experience polar shift and the earth with rotate backwards.

I may or may not have been approached by men in black suits warning me to stop because according to the internet if I continue to flat tow yotas with my drive shaft connected we will experience polar shift and the earth with rotate backwards.
Damnnnnnnn dude... triple towin... what a gangster! how does she pull with the 5th wheel anddddd truck behind?

I'm guessing your dark magic doesn't extend to newer (say 2nd gen) tacomas does it?

I'm guessing your dark magic doesn't extend to newer (say 2nd gen) tacomas does it?
My experience ends with 90s pickups with manual transmissions and FJ80s. As I was told Toyota chain drive transfer cases don’t have a true neutral at least in pre taco trucks and to leave my transfer case in 2wd and trans in neutral. The FJ80 I pull the transfer case into neutral and go.

Damnnnnnnn dude... triple towin... what a gangster! how does she pull with the 5th wheel anddddd truck behind?
The old 7.3 is a workhorse. The trailer and yota are about 16k lbs. she doesn’t get there fast but she gets there.

19AEC131-F8DE-4CA5-86E0-C9413E9F4C68.jpeg
I use a 2015 f250 6.2 gasser, truck alone rolls around daily at 9k with all my tools and stuff for work. Prerunner/trailer have to be another 9k ontop of that, but she pulls good if you keep her above 4-4500rpm. Can’t be scared to rev these overhead cam fords. I want to get a tuner before I decide to regear, I enjoy my 1800rpm cruise at 80 too much for everyday use. She doubles as a over capable Off-roader also with the rear e-locker and the front axle has to have some sort of traction device factory because it is unforgiving with the hubs locked.

068A69E5-A918-4FEE-B3CC-5DAE81D223F4.jpeg

View attachment 18163
I use a 2015 f250 6.2 gasser, truck alone rolls around daily at 9k with all my tools and stuff for work. Prerunner/trailer have to be another 9k ontop of that, but she pulls good if you keep her above 4-4500rpm. Can’t be scared to rev these overhead cam fords. I want to get a tuner before I decide to regear, I enjoy my 1800rpm cruise at 80 too much for everyday use. She doubles as a over capable Off-roader also with the rear e-locker and the front axle has to have some sort of traction device factory because it is unforgiving with the hubs locked.

View attachment 18164
I've thought about getting a 6.2 gasser super duty to tow my f150 around as well. Diesels are just so frigging expensive

Man, I've had some great tow rigs. Had a 17' l5p silverado, 15' megacab, 06 lbz silverado, and my current offroad rig started life as a tow rig, 01 cummins. Current tow rig is really bad at towing, kinda. 04' silverado 2500hd 6.0/4l80. VS7875 turbo, BTR Truck Norris cam, valve springs and pushrods, WB450 pump. Built 4l80 with 3200 stall Circle D converter. Hauls ass. And gets 7.5mpg pulling my camper. At 6600rpm haha

Attachments

• 20231013_094044.jpg
    20231013_094044.jpg
    663.7 KB · Views: 10
View attachment 18163

View attachment 18164
Is that pic with the Palaupas at Lost lake? I haven't been there in a few years!

Unloaded, it's can get 18, loaded with anything that makes it get boost its down to 12.

Mine both were single cabs and had zf5s, both got over 20mpg. One had 3.55s and like 32ish tall tire with a service bed, the other had 4.10s and 39” Baja TAs. Only towed with the service truck a hand full of times, momentum was definitely your friend.

Back