Roger The Raptor

i have that same Edge monitor on my truck... i gotta see if i can find the american flag background because that is bad ass.

And the leaky 4x4 deal sucks, blew out mine towing on the way to ocotillo wells years ago with a 2006 f150.

Got Roger in the shop over the weekend to install the IWE delete kit, service the front diff and do a OEM bumper cut. There’s a few different ways guys are cutting the original bumpers. I went for what I thought would look the cleanest and I have to say it turned out pretty good!

IMG_2245.jpeg

IMG_2247.jpeg

IMG_2249.jpeg

IMG_2254.jpeg

IMG_2257.jpeg

IMG_2259.jpeg

IMG_2262.jpeg

IMG_2268.jpeg

IMG_2277.jpeg

IMG_2274.jpeg

IMG_2279.jpeg

IMG_2281.jpeg

IMG_2283.jpeg

Bumper cut looks good.
So fun watching a rig get setup for real A2B desert use. I’m stoked for April

Tomorrow morning we're heading out with the travel trailer to San Simeon CA for 5 days of much needed R&R, but all i can think about is the April trip lol. It'll be a thrash week once we get back to get ready for another 5 day adventure the week after. Stoked as well!

Have you been dailying the truck? How are you liking the IWE deletes? I need to replace a CV boot and was thinking about doing the deletes while I'm in there

Have you been dailying the truck? How are you liking the IWE deletes? I need to replace a CV boot and was thinking about doing the deletes while I'm in there

Yeah I drive the truck every day. I'm liking them so far and will be putting them to the test this week on our BLGT trip.. I haven't kept track of fuel mileage to see if its any worse but they say you lose about a half mile per gallon according to a few FB groups I'm on. I will say the only thing i noticed, at very low speeds, rolling about 5 mph off the gas you can hear/feel the drivetrain turning. It's very faint.

I have always been skeptical on the IWE deletes but it seems like I don't ever see negative reviews on them so it must be just fine.

Yes I have been skeptical too. I started looking into replacing the IWE parts but everything that comes up is for the IWE delete :ROFLMAO:

@2012SVTSC I actually just scoured your build thread last night trying to figure out if you were running deletes or not hahaha.

Yes I have been skeptical too. I started looking into replacing the IWE parts but everything that comes up is for the IWE delete :ROFLMAO:

@2012SVTSC I actually just scoured your build thread last night trying to figure out if you were running deletes or not hahaha.

Haha nice, I do not have deletes. Yet? Idk still on the fence!

Most of you have seen the latest pictures from our Lonely Pinos trip, but I wanted to talk more specifically about how the truck did. Overall I feel it did amazing. I would say the only downfall would be it’s size. A lot of the smaller trails seem to be cut by jeeps or smaller trucks, and with a 90 inch track width it made for some nails on a chock board type trails lol. On our second day I came up on a really tight rock section, which wasn’t big at all but narrow and tall enough to turn my running boards into rock sliders lol. With the help of @Motiracer38 and @Endless Trails I was able to get through it without damage. Some rock rash on the wheels but it comes with the territory. I may see a set of actual rock sliders in my future. The bed cross bar system ended up working very well to hold the tent cot. The coolant resi on day 2 decided to puke but the engine was running cool so I think I just over flowed the resi before the trip. All temps stayed cool considering the terrain and outside temps. Windows up with ac blasting the majority of the trip. All the gear worked well. We had about 8 coors light casualties in the cooler (sorry Spencer lol) so I may need to strategize that a little batter. The power tank was a game changer. I was able to blow off all the dusty sleeping equipment every night and fill up all 4 tires in less than 10 mins. Such a rad trip. I’m looking forward to prepping for the next one!

IMG_2526.jpeg

IMG_2536.jpeg

IMG_2543.jpeg

IMG_2550.jpeg

IMG_2573.jpeg

IMG_2581.jpeg

IMG_2606.jpeg

IMG_2643.jpeg

IMG_2677.jpeg

IMG_2694.jpeg

IMG_2768.jpeg

IMG_2772.jpeg