Removing a leaf? Deaver u182

Croz

This might be a dumb question, can you remove the bottom leaf so the truck doesn’t sit so high? Would it be noticeable? The rear of my truck sits a cunt hair too high for my likingimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I would, but keep it in case they settle or you end up putting more spares or extra stuff for a trip in the bed.

You could probably move the shackle hangers up an inch. Or get 1” longer shackles. Or throw a couple of sandbags in the bed for around town.

Whats in the bed ? If it's just a little too high, why not add some weight?
i need the bed space, its also my daily. I have a full size spare and jack but they sit in front of the axle for maximum bed space.

The spring manufacturer can typically add or remove arch from the leafs if you bring them in, Does involve the truck being down for a bit though, does the rear sit higher than the front?

The spring manufacturer can typically add or remove arch from the leafs if you bring them in, Does involve the truck being down for a bit though, does the rear sit higher than the front?
It’s pretty much level, it doesn’t look bad by any means, just a preference. I was curious if it could be done with out effecting the truck but it sounds like I should leave it and add weight if I can…dual spares, 454 removable tire rack mounted waaay back. Lol that should do it

Add more weight. A friend of mine had bolted a huge, thick piece of steel plate under the bed of his Silverado to add weight when he ran those leafs and it makes a difference. Leaf springs NEED all the weight behind the axle that they can get

How old are those leafs? My exploder sat stink bug in the rear for about a year and then settled after driving with varying weight loads in the rear. I was worried but many people said they would settle so I didnt de-arch them any more and Im glad i didnt. Sits level now.

How old are those leafs? My exploder sat stink bug in the rear for about a year and then settled after driving with varying weight loads in the rear. I was worried but many people said they would settle so I didnt de-arch them any more and Im glad i didnt. Sits level now.
They’re old, definitely need some spacers and a re arch or whatever. Shocks need a rebuild too, BUT, I use the fuck out of it. It should be settled but when I did the new(well new to me) axle it sits a little higher.

Fill your rear bumper with lead shot.

Or steel, I don't think you can get lead anymore.

Yes you can.
Losing ride height by any form will decrease your already low amounts of uptravel which will perform crappy in the dirt. But if you’re not worried about that, by all means take a few out!

Add more weight. A friend of mine had bolted a huge, thick piece of steel plate under the bed of his Silverado to add weight when he ran those leafs and it makes a difference. Leaf springs NEED all the weight behind the axle that they can get
it could be said that pick up Trucks in general need weight behind the rear axle they have poor weigh balance with an empty bed, we agree 100% with adding to this situation

I pulled a leaf from my ford, but it was not highly recommended. However, if you have to do it - do a longer one. We did #7, from what I understand lower/shorter ones have a much higher progressive spring rate and rebound force will be reduced if they are removed.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 8
Back