Leaf over —> leaf under

Croz

Current set up is a 2012 Silverado 1500 with spring over(Deaver U182) with 2.5x16 triple bypass. After building a new rear end and looking to get a 2 piece drive shaft made, I realized my pinion angle is way off, which is making me wanna look into a better option than to cut off my perches and re-do it the same way. I currently am running CWF shackles, my question is… could I use my same shackles if I went with the Deaver C85s and went spring under… could I use the same shocks also? They’re currently set up and mounted on top of the Deaver. Any Silverado guys with spring under please chime in! Thanks for reading IMG_8191.jpegIMG_8171.jpegIMG_8164.png

How long are your cwf shackles? I’ve cycled a lot of Silverados and found a longer shackles (around the 7-8” mark) works best with the c85s . F87 and u182 like shorter shackles.
Anyways. Yes you could use those shackles regardless of length, you’d just be better off with longer ones.

C85s will be a huge upgrade ONLY of you put a c notch in your frame. The bigger arc of the C85 spring will allow for more up travel than the u182. You can get away with a 3” notch on em if I recall correctly. You’ll have the same ride height as your u182 but 3 extra inches up!

how long are your shocks? You could use the same shocks you’ll just have to cycle everything and build new mounts on the axle side so that everything cycles nicely but since you won’t be mounting the shocks on top of the leaf pack you should be able to get away with using your existing bed cage even with a c notch.

Also, wait to get a driveline made! if you are gonna get c85 they create a lot of plunge in the driveline. So wait till the leafs are finalized, cycle em and get a driveline built accordingly. Also you’ll need to put a fixed yoke on your trans or you’ll be blowing through carrier bearings like underwear.
You can do that pretty easily by drilling the center of the output shaft, tapping it and bolting the slip yoke directly to it.

Last edited:
Everything Marcy said, but if doing a c notch you should extend your bedcage tubes to the rear of the bed to support the frame from cracking since you’re removing a substantial amount of support

Thanks Marcy for all the good info. I do have the longer shackles, wasn’t planning on a C-notch dammit lol. Ok well, looks like my 2 piece drive line will be on hold for a bit and I’ll have a wedge welded in to bring up the degree as much as I can and run what I have for now, till I can get everything needed to do the spring under. Thanks again dude!!

Thanks Marcy for all the good info. I do have the longer shackles, wasn’t planning on a C-notch dammit lol. Ok well, looks like my 2 piece drive line will be on hold for a bit and I’ll have a wedge welded in to bring up the degree as much as I can and run what I have for now, till I can get everything needed to do the spring under. Thanks again dude!!
if your not gaining up travel from the modifications your not going to gain much performance, go for the c- notch its worth the investment, think about it this way if you have 6-7" of up travel right now and you get 3" more that's almost a 30-40% increase

Back