Regearing taco

2000 Tacoman

I am regearing my 2000 2.4l taco for 31s what gearing ratio should I use I'm wanting to regear it to get the stock power back

4.10 will get you back to stock. Or 4.56 to get a bit more power out of it and set you up to go to 33s later
That will work for the 5 lug?

Thank you so much I have been searching everywhere for thos info man just to clarify it will work on 5 lug 2wd

For regearing my 2000 5 lug tacoma to 4.10 what parts do I need to regear the diff and if possible can someone show me a part on the web for it so I can buy it

They should have a full kit for you, if you need specifics give them a call and they will help you out.

Sean

Total Chaos used to make a kit for your truck. They still may. Not sure who else makes a 5 lug kit.
Not sure if they have the jigs but there not marketing that kit. I think jd fab has a kit for them but price is high since it's not a large market for the 5 lug Mini.

Make sure you confirm your stock ratio, some Tacomas came with "High Speed" rear ends in super tall ratios, like 3.15, 3.08, etc. These diff cases have an offset pinion and cannot be regeared. If you have any questions you can give Yotamasters a call, ask for Dylan and I can help you ID your differential.

They can, you just need a spacer behind the ring gear and check your bolt engagement. I did it once and never had a problem with loosening bolts. Admittedly I didn't put a thick enough spacer so the lash was a bit excessive which turned into a ton of noise later on it their life.

They can, you just need a spacer behind the ring gear and check your bolt engagement. I did it once and never had a problem with loosening bolts. Admittedly I didn't put a thick enough spacer so the lash was a bit excessive which turned into a ton of noise later on it their life.
I'm not against ring gear spacers, heck I'm going to machine my own for a dana 70 going into my truck; but these are little diffs, and I always say give them the best chance possible. If you know what you're doing and you gotta work with what you have then go for it. But I can't say I professionally recommend it.

One thing to consider is that you’ll be putting time and money into a 7.5” diff when with a little fabrication, you could swap in a 6 lug rear axle with an 8.4” diff which were all 4.10 from the factory except for some 4 banger specs. If you’re only looking to jump up to 31’s and have a cool grocery getter and hit BLM land, no reason to do this and have to work with 2 different lug patterns. That said, to talk about going with a long travel front, it would start making more sense to do a front hub swap and match the 6 lug pattern of the 8.4 than sticking with the 7.5.

Back