Ranger

Reid

Looking for advice 1988 Ranger Deaver's on rear welded unequal length F150 beams SBC engine 2.5 King coil over what spring rates in anyone's opinion should i be running i have 350 on top and 450 on bottom I think it way to heavy of springs my ride height is middle of shock . looking for advice I'm trying to learn Thanks in advance

50/50 shock travel from ride height sounds good..
how much preload is on the springs?
Hows the ride height?
Wheres the pictures?

There is the truck at ride height. With the nut just barely touching springs so no pre load

Attachments

• IMG_3608.jpeg
    IMG_3608.jpeg
    418.3 KB · Views: 33
Droop truck out so it’s tight on the limit straps and then measure the length of the top coil and bottom coil. Then compare that to the springs free lengths, that gives you true preload.
For example, say top coil is 13.5” and bottom is 15.75”, compare that to a 14” top spring and 16” bottom = .75” total preload.
Also note you want 1”-1.5” preload to achieve ride height. If you have less than 1” you need lighter springs. If you have more than 1.75-2” you need heavier springs.

Just finished up a Ranger with a full cage, engine cage and partial bedcage, truck still has a 4.0 in it, but we ended up starting with a 300/350 for spring rate, Used the same technique as DialedShockPrep does and surprisingly she came out still a TAD over sprung but still within rates im comfortable with. before the cab cage was installed the truck had MAYBE 3/8 of preload with a 300/400 setup

Thanks for the Help and replies with dialedShockPrep Formula i realized i was over sprung found a set of 300# springs on market place with .750 of preload night and day better in the woops Thanks again much appreciated

Thanks for the Help and replies with dialedShockPrep Formula i realized i was over sprung found a set of 300# springs on market place with .750 of preload night and day better in the woops Thanks again much appreciated
AWESOME! remember! (for the most part) springs get you sitting proper with proper preload, Valving get you riding plush! 🤘

Back