2013 f150

Epiccreation

Howdy yall

Got a 2013 f150 extended cab 4x4 I've been slowly building up over the last couple years.

2013 fx4 5.0
Front is a full raptor suspension swap with SVC upper control arms and raptor length king 3.0 coil overs

Rear is a custom bedcage with king 3.0 x18” shocks with icon RXT leaf springs. SVC bumpstop kit with king 2.5 bumpstops

Advanced fiberglass +2 raptor fenders on the front and Raptor bedsides on the rear.

Custom frame cut front bumper with 2 baja design lp6’s and 2 LP9’s in the middle. Lp4’s on the a pillar (can you tell I like Baja Designs lights? Lol)

Truck has 4.56 gearing and a basic tune on it with 37” K02’s

truck performs really well but I am looking to take the next step up in terms of performance. Hoping to gain some insight from this forum on where to go from here!

Attachments

• IMG_2578.jpeg
    IMG_2578.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
nice truck. I have a 2011 Ecoboost. What are you looking to do to it next?

nice truck. I have a 2011 Ecoboost. What are you looking to do to it next?
I'm looking to take the next step up in performance. Weather that be a mid/ long travel front and either spring under and eventually links in the rear to match. I'm thinking go to a bypass in the front to match the coilover but I feel like I’m still going to want more. I don't really want to go to a mid travel kit because I fear I'm just gonna want more. The blitzkreig 4wd long travel kit is what I currently have my eyes set on for the front. I am open to any suggestions! I see ur truck is a little more built up than mine

Last edited:
I'm looking to take the next step up in performance. Weather that be a mid/ long travel front and either spring under and eventually links in the rear to match. I'm thinking go to a bypass in the front to match the coilover but I feel like I’m still going to want more. I don't really want to go to a mid travel kit because I fear I'm just gonna want more. The blitzkreig 4wd long travel kit is what I currently have my eyes set on for the front. I am open to any suggestions! I see ur truck is a little more built up than mine
I have the blitz mid travel kit. Its built awesome, but truthfully i would go long travel as that is what i was looking at as well.

there are so many questions around what you plan on doing with the truck and how much you want to spend. In this sport everyone wants the biggest and best, and i cant tell you that most dont ever use the full potential, and end up burning out spending 100k. If you are in southern california i can give you a ride sometime. its not race truck (have owned those in the past) but fits the bill for what i want.

I have the blitz mid travel kit. Its built awesome, but truthfully i would go long travel as that is what i was looking at as well.

there are so many questions around what you plan on doing with the truck and how much you want to spend. In this sport everyone wants the biggest and best, and i cant tell you that most dont ever use the full potential, and end up burning out spending 100k. If you are in southern california i can give you a ride sometime. its not race truck (have owned those in the past) but fits the bill for what i want.
Truck is a fun toy that I keep wanting more and more performance out of lol. I live in Michigan and go to the silver lake sand dudes many times over the season and run trails around here as well with the truck. To me the idea of doing the long travel front end coupled with something along the lines of SVC's daily driver link kit or leaf under with a frame notch like your truck would be the "end all" setup for the truck. I go back and fourth on keeping it and continue to build or to sell it and get something more built like a ranger with links and a cage already. I've followed your build on here a little bit and toss around going leaf under like your truck is as well. I'm aware things get expensive very quickly in this game so I'm trying to figure out when is a good point to stop.

my experience may not match others, but i had a fully linked and caged ranger that i raced for many years. Started a family so i sold it and bought a 95f150 which was pretty close to a luxury prerunner, stroker motor, full custom interior, blah blah. Its cool to have awesome stuff, but towing to desert was more work, using it once a month was lame, and its always more upkeep and way more expensive. That is why i got the 2011 f150, i like the ability to drive to desert, ability to have working ac, stereo, 4 seats and a cruiser. Now dont get me wrong it sucks in huge whoops and i wont be prerunning barstow anymore in it. But it functions great for everything i do, and i use it way more, and have more fun in it.

What i found was chasing the big fast cool factor is really expensive, it gets old fast as well.

my experience may not match others, but i had a fully linked and caged ranger that i raced for many years. Started a family so i sold it and bought a 95f150 which was pretty close to a luxury prerunner, stroker motor, full custom interior, blah blah. Its cool to have awesome stuff, but towing to desert was more work, using it once a month was lame, and its always more upkeep and way more expensive. That is why i got the 2011 f150, i like the ability to drive to desert, ability to have working ac, stereo, 4 seats and a cruiser. Now dont get me wrong it sucks in huge whoops and i wont be prerunning barstow anymore in it. But it functions great for everything i do, and i use it way more, and have more fun in it.

What i found was chasing the big fast cool factor is really expensive, it gets old fast as well.
I agree that's why I want to find a good balance and stay there. Ill never be full baja prepped prerunner that can handle absolutely everything but getting close like what SVC offers in terms of their mid travel kit and a "daily driver" 4 link kit is what I have in mind.

I agree that's why I want to find a good balance and stay there. Ill never be full baja prepped prerunner that can handle absolutely everything but getting close like what SVC offers in terms of their mid travel kit and a "daily driver" 4 link kit is what I have in mind.
would be a fun combo, but for cost reasons i would stick wth leafs over links personally.

its actually way better than expected. The key is the notch in the frame. I only had about 4-5" of bump travel before, which means my bypasses were in the bump zone at ride height, and engaged the bumpstops on almost any bump. The way these frames are set up doesnt allow or enough up travel to have a truck ride good. I think this is the thing that most people miss. They assume a bolt on over the top leaf spring to perform awesome, but that isnt the case. Going spring under and a notch is the ticket. with that and some valving it will do everything you need i believe.

its actually way better than expected. The key is the notch in the frame. I only had about 4-5" of bump travel before, which means my bypasses were in the bump zone at ride height, and engaged the bumpstops on almost any bump. The way these frames are set up doesnt allow or enough up travel to have a truck ride good. I think this is the thing that most people miss. They assume a bolt on over the top leaf spring to perform awesome, but that isnt the case. Going spring under and a notch is the ticket. with that and some valving it will do everything you need i believe.
My truck now rides pretty decent with the icon leafs but yeah the uptravel leaves some to be desired. When we set the rear up it has about 6” of up travel from ride height, so similar to urs with about 4-5” of up travel. In ur opinion do you think that would pair well
With the blitz long travel front kit?

My truck now rides pretty decent with the icon leafs but yeah the uptravel leaves some to be desired. When we set the rear up it has about 6” of up travel from ride height, so similar to urs with about 4-5” of up travel. In ur opinion do you think that would pair well
With the blitz long travel front kit?
in my opinion yes. My mid travel is okay, but lacking a bit more travel that i wanted. I also pulled the trigger on long travel, but didnt want to spend all that money on just a few inches.

Back