Point Mugu Fright Night Oct 20 & 21

Endless Trails

It is almost that time again for Fright Night at Hungry Valley hosted by Point Mugu 4x4 Club. The event is Oct 20 and 21st with activities happening both days and nights. BBQ, live band, raffle, poker run at night with fun check points, best decorated camp, kids costume contest, ect. This is primarily a fund raiser for land use and other organizations in need so bring some $$ for the raffle. It is generally a pretty good raffle with a bunch of tickets sold. Last year we also had a few live auction items and "mystery buckets" up for sale.

It is a real fun family friendly event. The trail is not difficult. We have had a few "off the showroom floor" jeeps on the run without issue. There is one switch back that if you do not make it will require 4wd. Most of the rest could be done in 2wd and a locker. I wouldn't recommend going that route as you don't want to be that person in a large group.

Go to Point Mugu 4wd .org to sign up.Screenshot_20230906_154038_Instagram.jpg

Awesome! Do we need to register if we don't plan on eating or doing the poker run?
I can't say you have to register as it is still going to be open land. This isnt a King of the Hammers situation. You can still buy raffle tickets without registering. If you come up, please put some money into it somehow as it is a fundraising event. Last year we got close to 17k for Friends of Oceano and the year before was around 14k for CORVA.
Camping for everyone not volunteering with the event will be outside the group camp. Everyone from here planing on going up should make a plan of camping together across by the hill.

Which trail is the one with the switchback? The sandstone rock feature on Pronghorn?
It is a sharp down hill right on Vic's Cat trail. Those with shorter wheelbase can probably one shot it. I have to take a back up and the way it slopes it puts the truck fairly tippy with a tire off the ground. We go down the white hill on Pronghorn. I think they took everyone down the easier outside line vs straight down the steps last year.

It is a sharp down hill right on Vic's Cat trail. Those with shorter wheelbase can probably one shot it. I have to take a back up and the way it slopes it puts the truck fairly tippy with a tire off the ground. We go down the white hill on Pronghorn. I think they took everyone down the easier outside line vs straight down the steps last year.

Ah I know which turn you're talking about. Nearly blew through it a time or two on my bike back in the day. Turning radius in the Sonoma sucks and isn't currently 4x4, though I do have a spool. Not sure I'd be able to get through

So looks like we are set for the clean up pre-run 21st.

Had this wild thought we could do the prerun in Barstow in the Morning and then take dirt from Barstow to Gorman... and Camp with you? @Endless Trails ? 🤡
I could picture dirt from Barstow to Lancaster hills but I don't know how to get across to Gorman in dirt.

I could picture dirt from Barstow to Lancaster hills but I don't know how to get across to Gorman in dirt.

I got you ! haha
Little blast from the past.

Rosemond to Gorman was pretty garbage other then the " DMC compound " haha we might have to see if we can find it again...

Which trail is the one with the switchback? The sandstone rock feature on Pronghorn?
I just was informed that Hurricane Hillary suicided Vic's Cat Track. Won't be reopened for a long while per the parks. We will still be coming up Pronghorn back to the wash but the out there trail is going to change. I don't know if it will be easier or harder as of right now.

Hey guys FYI
Pre registration ends Wednesday at 8pm

Registration includes an old school dash plaque while supplies last

Please pre reg to lock in shirts, dinner and a dash plaque, and it greatly helps the club plan.

Great weekend. Event went well. The three check points on the trail were great. Auction and raffle went well with lots of good items. Shane drove the heck out of his TJ all weekend. We did course pre-run with @4lowlance Thursday, Shane went out twice with Lance for course marking on Friday, we did the run Saturday night and spotted people down The White Hill for a little while, and then ran the course backward Sunday with Lance to remove all the ribbons and arrows. Shane made it up the White Hill on Pronghorn in his manual, open/open TJ on 33s which was real cool as it was his first weekend having it in the dirt and first time wheeling a manual.

Back