Pismo Jan 28

I'd love to go... miss Pismo but it's just too close to Hammers.

Do they do any clean ups in Summer?

I'd love to go... miss Pismo but it's just too close to Hammers.

Do they do any clean ups in Summer?
I am not sure as I am not directly involved with FOOD. I know they had one later in the year last year. And I hear you on the close to Hammers. I am probably not doing the Hammers in part because I am doing this and I can only take so many Sundays.

Hey there, new member. I’ve missed the other clean ups posted on instagram. Are kids okay to bring? Picking up trash and camping on the beach? Sounds like a good time. Any other details or things a newb should know?

Hey there, new member. I’ve missed the other clean ups posted on instagram. Are kids okay to bring? Picking up trash and camping on the beach? Sounds like a good time. Any other details or things a newb should know?
Kids are more than welcome and it is good to teach them the stewardship of our lands early. I have not done one of the official cleanups at Pismo but Jared on the board with FOOD (friends of oceano dunes) will have his two little ones up there. I will have my teen age kids with me. I have no promises on campfire talk remaining kid friendly as the night goes on :). Make sure to sign up on the web page as I think they are providing lunch.
On top the beach and the dunes there is also cleaning up all the trash that blows into the tall grass clumps and such. I imagine that are would be fun exploration for the kids.

If i newb to Pismo / dunes / Sand we would be happy to have you tag along with a trail ride and give you pointers on how to navigate the sand as well as give you a tug if needed.
bring the following for the truck:
Shovel - strap - air gauge - jack - jack base - radio with the basic race frequency's if you have one

15 psi is the most air I would have in my tires and for a truck your size ideal would probably be 10 or less.

It gets real windy at times so prepare for it Hoods, hats, Jackets, glasses or goggles all help

We are working on a summer clean up for Friends of Oceano Dunes. Will keep you guys posted soon, Stay tuned. @theycallmeWALLY @Endless Trails
I'll try and make it a priority.

Quick suggestion... We have been trying to work more with the Gambler dudes. If you can make sure it's not in July that'd be grand. Also it may be a good idea to reach out to them. They seem to have a strong following and their people show up.

Back