optima blue/yellow top prices?

Did you try something different or just go back to a blue top? Doing some digging (gotta love being bored on night shift) and found that a group 47 should fit in your battery box pretty close and is top post... might require a little thought to snug it up though since it is smaller. 9-9/16 L x 7-1/2 H x 6-7/8 are the dimensions on that one. O'reilly has their brand thats an AGM (comes from the east penn plant so I'm sure its the same as NAPA).

I heard that Optima was sold to johnson controls some time ago and thats when the quality went south. But the OG Optimas were the shit, my dad had a 15 year old red top in his Camaro that finally kicked the bucket a couple years ago. Last Optimas I ran lasted 2 or 3 years. I've been running O'reilly brand batteries in all of my junk with decent luck... I'm in southern AZ too, we're not Phoenix hot here in the summer but 100 degree temps are still our summer norm. I just had to replace an O'reilly brand AGM in my C10 that was date coded for 2014. Not sure if its really a cheaper option since batteries are insane anymore but just my .02

Back