New (but old) member

Pt Mugu RAM 4x4

Been on here for a few weeks now, my name is Keith and I wanted to say "hi". Some of you may know my son Jared who is deep in the fight to keep our public lands like Oceano / Pismo accessible. My 1st 4x4 was a 1952 CJ2A when I was 16. If you can learn to drive offroad in a flat fendered, skinny tired, gutless 4 banger, you are set with most of the offroad skills you will need once you can add some HP, suspension and tires! Then I moved on to a slew of Ford 4x4s ranging from Broncos to F250 gas and 7.3 4x4 trucks. Even had a 1969 Kaiser M715 in the mix, with a 351w and C6 that we built from a $550 CalFire auction purchase. For over 20 yrs, Jared and I were fortunate enough to chase for John and Jonathan Swift throughout their SCORE and BITD Class 6 and TT racing in Baja, Ariz and Nevada. Such great memories and some incredible experiences. How do you say, I made it to LaPaz with a water pump that is puking coolant and somehow I need to drive this POS chase truck back to Ventura? As a long time member of Pt Mugu 4x4 Club, nowadays my offroading is mostly around the Ventura County backcountry or on wkd runs to Johnson Valley, Big Bear or Calico. So many campfires over the years... so many Silver Bullets... At 67 yrs old, the only thing that has changed for me is now it's campfires and whiskey! My current ride is either a 2006 Jeep LJ or my daily driver Ram 2500 Cummins which is a work in progress. However you enjoy the outdoors and wheelin', just remember to not only "take" from the experiece, but find a way to give back. If we don't all fight to keep our trails and offroad areas accessible, it will be taken from us! Participate in advocacy, desert clean ups, trail maintenance or however you can give back! And don't forget the campfires and your beverage of choice!

Been on here for a few weeks now, my name is Keith and I wanted to say "hi". Some of you may know my son Jared who is deep in the fight to keep our public lands like Oceano / Pismo accessible. My 1st 4x4 was a 1952 CJ2A when I was 16. If you can learn to drive offroad in a flat fendered, skinny tired, gutless 4 banger, you are set with most of the offroad skills you will need once you can add some HP, suspension and tires! Then I moved on to a slew of Ford 4x4s ranging from Broncos to F250 gas and 7.3 4x4 trucks. Even had a 1969 Kaiser M715 in the mix, with a 351w and C6 that we built from a $550 CalFire auction purchase. For over 20 yrs, Jared and I were fortunate enough to chase for John and Jonathan Swift throughout their SCORE and BITD Class 6 and TT racing in Baja, Ariz and Nevada. Such great memories and some incredible experiences. How do you say, I made it to LaPaz with a water pump that is puking coolant and somehow I need to drive this POS chase truck back to Ventura? As a long time member of Pt Mugu 4x4 Club, nowadays my offroading is mostly around the Ventura County backcountry or on wkd runs to Johnson Valley, Big Bear or Calico. So many campfires over the years... so many Silver Bullets... At 67 yrs old, the only thing that has changed for me is now it's campfires and whiskey! My current ride is either a 2006 Jeep LJ or my daily driver Ram 2500 Cummins which is a work in progress. However you enjoy the outdoors and wheelin', just remember to not only "take" from the experiece, but find a way to give back. If we don't all fight to keep our trails and offroad areas accessible, it will be taken from us! Participate in advocacy, desert clean ups, trail maintenance or however you can give back! And don't forget the campfires and your beverage of choice!
Welcome aboard sir! I’m sure you have plenty of tales to tell from all the years of wheeling! Definitely agree with the participation factor in all of the above. Hope to see ya in the dirt.

Elliott

Back