Navigation tools

Well what did you decide? Ive been using Gaia on an android for a couple years but now with racing that is not gonna cut it. So rather than spend 2-4k on a Garmin or Lowrance setup that seems like a pain in the ass to swap from race car to prerunner or maybe even chase truck I think im gonna use these 2 10" ipads i have with leadnav and the dual antenna.
i ended up going with an ipad and onx for now. Eventually will get a nicer one but this is sufficient for me

I have not got use it really yet as truck has only gone on shake down run. But I won LeadNav 8 years ago in raffle the night after I rolled last truck. Also won raffle on IG for MobArmor iPad mount a year or two later. Fast forward and new build is finally driving so I put the iPad my last job let me keep in truck and used lead nav to get me to Ventura Cars and Coffee 😂 looking forward to putting it to use very soon. I messed around with the app that night and seems cool. Really use will be deciding factor. Plan on getting a gps antenna for it too. May have to check out the other couple apps you guys mentioned. BB393B79-E362-4C8E-A018-60A0F50AF78F.jpeg882BFA7F-6906-47D9-88D6-DAA811BF97E4.jpegE800F3B2-AE83-4BDF-960D-A50EAEF6B5D7.jpegB9619754-7C02-4A1A-953A-66F6FDB89152.jpeg

Once I get to use a bit I’ll report back. From what I hear a gps antenna will needed for it to work best while off in boonies.

Last edited:
Back