MTB BS Thread

StevenBurns4LO

Didn't see any thread for general mountain bike BSing. So here we are.

I recently got back into mountain biking after a few year hiatus (a decade actually). Wasn't sure if I just had a wild hair up my ass or if I'd actually ride often enough to justify buying a nice bike. A friend let me borrow his YT Capra for the last month and I've ridden it a dozen times already so I pulled the trigger on a Giant Trance 27.5. If I ride enough after 6-12 months I'll probably upgrade to something nicer. I need to prove to myself this isn't just a wild hair that I'll be over in a month.

IMG_1412.jpeg

Also realized the only realistic time to ride during the weekdays going forward is while it's dark outside. I just ordered a Nite Rider headlight so I can enjoy riding while it's dark out. I rode this morning before the sun rose and it was a bit sketchy without a light to say the least.

1662664143888.png

hell yea dude! congrats on the new sled! That thing is gunna pedal way better than the Capra for sure. Obviously, a bit of a downgrade on the downs but like you said if you get super into it... you'll be upgrading.

That is a solid light. Niterider makes great stuff. If you end up riding more and more at night I'd suggest picking up another so you have one for your head and one for your bike....

Pink Bike Classifieds has some great deals.

Assuming you know about the Trail Forks App already?

hell yea dude! congrats on the new sled! That thing is gunna pedal way better than the Capra for sure. Obviously, a bit of a downgrade on the downs but like you said if you get super into it... you'll be upgrading.

That is a solid light. Niterider makes great stuff. If you end up riding more and more at night I'd suggest picking up another so you have one for your head and one for your bike....

Pink Bike Classifieds has some great deals.

Assuming you know about the Trail Forks App already?
The Capra actually did surprisingly well on the up hills compared to what I was expecting.

I almost ordered a smaller/lighter one for a helmet light. Need to get one for the kiddo too since he rides with me in the mornings before school/work.

Haven’t heard of the Trail Forms App. Gonna have to check it out.

not that anyone here really gives a shit, but...

hit my goals for the year.

1000 miles and 150k of climbing

52590556315_714c4e5b55_b.jpg

Set goals for yourself and get after it!

Next year going to go for 1500 miles and 200K.

What's your 2023 goals?

not that anyone here really gives a shit, but...

hit my goals for the year.

1000 miles and 150k of climbing

52590556315_714c4e5b55_b.jpg

Set goals for yourself and get after it!

Next year going to go for 1500 miles and 200K.

What's your 2023 goals?
That's impressive! Lot's of climbing for sure.

Back