Mojave Trail Question(s)

SaltyMethods

Planning our yearly off road trip and instead of doing Death Valley this year, we're doing the Mojave Trail.

Question, do any of you guys know if we can get to the bottom of this "volcano" feature? We want to spend one day doing some games out there. Like cornhole, horseshoes or some shooting. We thought it would be rad to do it at the bottom of this volcano.

Any insight on this would be awesome. Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 4.58.43 PM.jpgScreenshot 2024-08-13 at 4.51.12 PM.jpg

That whole area is awesome... I have never been out to that volcano. I've always wonder how many more lava tubes are out that that are just off the radar... just trolling on google maps... looks like there are a bunch of roads that can get you close.

I think the peak on the right might be it ? this is from lava tubes

17048606411_8370ec7cd0_h.jpg

16861896880_08e0d71acc_h.jpg

Not sure if the there is any tours running but something I've always wanted to do was scope out Mitchell Caverns. I know you have to make a reservation.

@sdecurti ? you know about this zone at all ?

Be mindful of shooting on the preserve as well. Not legal unless hunting I guess.

Just saying this in case you're trying to set up camp somewhere. It'd be best off the preserve.

Over a decade ago we camped in that area, had a fire with gasoline shenanigans and lit off a few freedom pops into the hills. Broke camp early the next morning and ran into a Ranger coming up the road looking for some unruly campers with a list of violations. We pointed them towards a group of unsuspecting overlanders and high tailed out of there.

Planning our yearly off road trip and instead of doing Death Valley this year, we're doing the Mojave Trail.

Question, do any of you guys know if we can get to the bottom of this "volcano" feature? We want to spend one day doing some games out there. Like cornhole, horseshoes or some shooting. We thought it would be rad to do it at the bottom of this volcano.

Any insight on this would be awesome. Thanks!

View attachment 26738View attachment 26739
When are you hitting the Mojave Trail? We are going over Thanksgiving

Back