Long Overdue 01 Tundra Build Thread

Update: I finally got everything painted and final assembled on the front end. Fluids filed, brakes bled, fans wire, so on and so on. Pulled the truck out of the garage last weekend under its own power and drove it around the neighborhood. Everything seems to be pretty normal minus the brake they feel very spongy. Bled and rebled twice after I build new lines from the master to the front calipers. I'm thinking that the stock original master cylinder may not be holding pressure. When you hit the brakes hard it will slowly start to push to the floor and loose power. I will replace the master with another OE one and start there. Still need to mount the new head lights and corner markers then the front end is done. Next will be prep and repaint the back half then possibly have the truck wrapped and list it on the classified market!!

Outside.jpg

outside 5.jpg

Outside 4.jpg

Outside 3.jpg

Outside 2.jpg

So the last few months I got the rear chassis, rear end and suspension completely stripped, prepped and repainted. The I assembled everything and started to put some test miles on the truck. Trucks runs and drives better then ever and I have really been enjoying driving it again.

Finished1.jpg

Finished2.jpg

finished3.jpg

finished4.jpg

finished5.jpg

I then focused my attention to the front bumper. I have been dreading building this for a while just because I couldn't picture how I would make it look good with the front portion of the chassis and radiator while keeping the front bumper main tube tucked in tight with the stock valance. I had a buddy help me bend up a rolled tube to match the radius of the tundra front valance and well just started connecting the dots. That same friend donated a ABS plastic valance that they use on there 6100 trucks and I cut that down and tabbed it on the bumper. I built the lower skid plated with 3/16 aluminum and painted it. Heres the finished product. I'm very jazzed with how it came out!!! Now that that is done the truck is out getting wrapped as I type this then this truck is officially done and will be looking for a new owner!!! Tell your friends. Once i have the truck back i will upload pics and details for the add I will be posting on Race Dezert.

finished6.jpg

finished8.jpg

finished9.jpg

finished10.jpg

finished11.jpg

finished12.jpg

finished13.jpg

finished14.jpg

finished15.jpg

Kinda reminds me of Jono’s psychotic tundra front end. Looks killer dude nice work. Have you decided on what you’re going to build next?

Tundra looks so good! Very clean bumper. The valence looks better on the Tundra than the ones I've seen on the Tacos. The Psychotic Tundra video from Plaster is addicting. I watch it 3 or 4 times every time I pull it up.

Tundra looks so good! Very clean bumper. The valence looks better on the Tundra than the ones I've seen on the Tacos. The Psychotic Tundra video from Plaster is addicting. I watch it 3 or 4 times every time I pull it up.
Thanks man!

sold quick! Not surprised, no offense but seems kind of underpriced at 40k. This is a nice build.

Good luck on the hunt for a bronco!

Back