Logan here

Log34

Got a 99 tacoma im looking to long travel but want to build my arms myself. Wondering if anyone around here has some hookups for CAD drawings of long travel A-Arms!

Hate to break it to ya bud, but it takes a ton of time for people to make their own control arms, even using CAD. Nobody is going to hook you up with the drawings. DIYoffroad is probably the closest you'd get, but they don't have anything for your generation

Yea, i know it takes a bunch of time and understand that people probably wont just hand em out, im willing to pay for them. I just dont have any where near the experience yet with fabrication to design my own.

Yea, i know it takes a bunch of time and understand that people probably wont just hand em out, im willing to pay for them. I just dont have any where near the experience yet with fabrication to design my own.
Suspension probably isn’t where I’d start building my own parts then. Build bumpers, light bars… stuff like that first.

welcome dude! What's the plans for the Tacoma? whats on it now ?
Thanks! Um, for now the plans are i want boxed long travel arms in the front on 2.5 x 8 coil overs and will probably end up doing devears in the rear till i can find a back half design i like that is 4 linked. I’m just looking right now for a starting point on some CADs for front A-arms to get it moving. I have the experience and ability to weld my own together rather then pay the $$$ for an already done kit. I’m only 20 so trying to learn as i go!

Thanks! Um, for now the plans are i want boxed long travel arms in the front on 2.5 x 8 coil overs and will probably end up doing devears in the rear till i can find a back half design i like that is 4 linked. I’m just looking right now for a starting point on some CADs for front A-arms to get it moving. I have the experience and ability to weld my own together rather then pay the $$$ for an already done kit. I’m only 20 so trying to learn as i go!
right on dude anything done to the truck now or just stock?

Just bilsteins on it right now everything else stock.
My advice...get that thing in the dirt with your buddies or meet up with us degens from here on a meet.
Look at bolt-on upgrades in your budget. Keep it simple and in the dirt.

While you are doing that in your spare time read books /look at old forum posts from other forums like ( Racedezert, Dezertrangers, Pirate4x4, etc) and learn all about it, ask questions on here. There are tons of super knowledgeable folks here. ... put together a plan and go... do it...but aim low... Having a wazoo build sit on jack stands for years while you are waiting for money or parts or both. Really takes the fun out of it it all. Something to consider, even if someone set you up with the CAD files or entire weld-it-yourself kit right now. Free. There is so much more to a build of any truck past the suspension. For example engine cage, frame plating, steering, fenders, relocation or battery, Wiring, brakes, etc....

Not trying to crush your dreams. I'm just some dude on the interwebs. Keep it simple and in the dirt.

Elliott

@85Yota Do you have something that you would have cut out so he can build weld it up himself?

I have items that I sell but my stuff I use with a fixture to ensure all angles and everything are correct. If you get solidworks and spend hours on youtube and draw specific items you can get good to use it to draw suspension components fairly easily. It will take you a solid 100+ hrs to get to that point thought

Back