Hoe-J, The Sleepy Bronco

bajabugmobbin

Waddup my dudes, I got pestered enough with sticker slaps to join the forum. figured I'd start with my new project

The First Real Project in the new shop is goin down!

The victim: 1 properly clapped out 1993 Bronco. Has the 5.8 backed up with the E40D trans.
Goal of the project: Reliable, comfortable, street friendly Cruiser. I need this to be as multi-purpose as possible. Duties include: Mexico Trips, Light Pre-running, Chase duties, and the occasional Broverlanding trips once I get back to planning those. It needs to be just as comfortable on the highway as it is on some tore up Mexican coast road.
Keeping the drivetrain relatively stock to help with reliability. I want to try to stick with 35" tires to keep the budget in check.
PetmpUDl.jpg
Tear down has begun!

JMqfd1dl.jpg

Parts that I need to get rid of, ill post them in the classifieds later

aVm2RPbl.jpg

*IF ANYONE HAS A PLUG FOR FACTORY FRONT SEATS AND REAR BENCH WITH BRACKETS I WOULD MUCH APPRECIATE IT!*

Parts on order and planned work:
Ohhcho Fab 1.5" over Fully fabricated beams and front shock mounts/crossover. Cho says its good for 19" of travel.
Richer Racing Rear spring under kit. (19" travel)
Ambulance steering kit (no crossover yet)
Quick Performance Fabbed 9" rear, set 80 bearings.
3.0 coilover in front, 3.0 bypass in the rear
2.5" bump stops
new 1350 joint rear driveshaft.
throw a bunch of parts at the motor and trans to get it to hopefully survive a long time.
Make the interior a relatively nice place to sit.

I have gray XLT front seats with no sliders. Pretty good condition if your interested

Made some good progress this weekend!

Cleaned up the hubs and spindles, ready for assembly

IMG_6783.jpgIMG_6788.jpg IMG_6782.jpg
Got the old brackets stripped off the frame. Some jackwagon cut to top web so Im gonna need to fixt that up to move forward. Also have to reattach the mid body mounts, they got sliced off for god knows what reason.

IMG_6789.jpgIMG_6790.jpg

Ugg bronco frame undercoat. Glad their was someone else spending their weekend doing what I was doing.

Back