Getting Fuel To The Playground

BigRonDog

How does everyone get fuel to the desert? Looking for ideas. Typical set up is flat bed trailer with Motorhome. Thinking of putting tool box / fuel cell on the trailer, but wanted to see what everyone else is doing these days.

I used an empty torco 55 gallon drum i'd put on the front of my flat bed and use a cheapo harbor freight transfer pump. It had alligator power leads to clamp on my battery on the truck while fueling.

I used an empty torco 55 gallon drum i'd put on the front of my flat bed and use a cheapo harbor freight transfer pump. It had alligator power leads to clamp on my battery on the truck while fueling.
Care to share how to tie that down? I hate securing those down...

I have a 2"x2" square tube rail on the front of my trailer it went against then just strapped it down with a big ratchet strap. Once they're filled they don't particularly wanna move.

Not the best setup but i use 5 gallon vp cans. Usually take 6 of them with me on a trip.

I tried dump cans but the 11 gallon ones are a little bit of a chore to throw over my head to fill.

Eventually i would like to do a transfer tank on my trailer.

I am considering getting another on of these. I havre one for my truck and use it for long trips etc.

Thoughts are make it mountable to the trailer using the rub rails and a bracket. I can store my straps in there and misc trailer repair stuff and etc. 91 gallons is a lot of tongue weight, but can counter that with how I load my junk on the trailer. RDS is DOT and can be used for fuel, diesel etc.

1706134814718.png

Yeah looked at those as well. They are not made very well and I want something to last . I look at all the used stuff that is daily new and they are beat to crap and doesn’t survive. I am a buy once cry one type of person.
yeah most used ones get used on job sites etc and are thrashed.

I have a small tractor supply one i use for diesel for my work tractors but doesnt get used regularly so i havent had issues with it. I keep it in my storage and just throw it on the truck when needed.

Back when I used my flat bed I always planned to buy a trailer fuel station tank to mount under the deck between the axles and plumb into my front storage box. Never got around to it. Now I have a toy hauler with a 32 gallon tank. Big trips like glamis I’ll take 2 5gallon cans as well.

Back