Fridges and battery supply

So i am slow when it comes to this all and trying to figure out where save pennies.. thoughts.

so I have 2 airborne offroad batteries, rated at 36 amp hours.

Does it make more sense to .
1. try and wire directly to these, which are already charging off alt when car is running...
2. ad a lipo batter and charger ($300-$400) upgrade?

I guess as I type this 2 makes more sense instead of trying to run off the one... any idea how long the 36 amp hour battery would keep a fridge running?

So i am slow when it comes to this all and trying to figure out where save pennies.. thoughts.

1. try and wire directly to these, which are already charging off alt when car is running...

I guess as I type this 2 makes more sense instead of trying to run off the one... any idea how long the 36 amp hour battery would keep a fridge running?
You don’t really have 36AH available with that lead acid battery. IF you pulled 36AH from it you’d be under 10v (fridge likely wouldn’t run) and that battery would only last a hand full of cycles that deep before being trashed. You only gave 15-20Ah available realistically.

So as i get older I like the idea of doing a fridge in my truck... total overland style.. My plan is to try and squeeze one between 2 rear prp seats in the back of the fraptor... Anyone wanna school me who has experience on this? Curious on your thoughts and how you power it? currently thinking of adding a jackery or something of the sort to power the fridge while the truck is off, and while the truck is on it can charge the jackery.... or put a switch on it so I can charge at anytime.

Also any better solutions for a better price than a jackery? i like the ability to see the power... but don't really need to plug much into it other than fridge.
In the Bronco, I run two big Full Throttle batteries… great set up with lots of power. I’ve abused the hell out of them with great results.

For a long road trip in the Camaro (will also use in the Explorer), I recently bought a small Bluetti battery pack. The fridge is powered by the Bluetti and the car charges it when the engine is running. This way, the battery pack stays charged and the fridge will run overnight without draining the engine battery.

Link (I paid $200 about 5 weeks ago)

Adding, now that I read your entire post, ha! All the car fridges I’ve used have low-voltage cut-off. Make sure that’s active, cool the fridge (and contents) on AC power before setting off on your trip and you’ll probably be good. Also keep the fridge full so it stays colder longer without running.

Back