Ford Bronco DR

Baja Designs

Hey Guys,

Alan Pflueger dropped off his 1-50 production Bronco DR at the Baja Designs HQ for some much-needed lighting upgrades. What do you guys think of this $300,000 turn key Multimatic Motorsports Bronco DR with a factory Ford Performance Coyote 5.0?

IMG_8153.jpeg

IMG_8154.jpeg

IMG_8155.jpeg

IMG_8157.jpeg

IMG_8156.jpeg

IMG_8158.jpeg

I’m sure it rips and has some killer parts, but my goodness is it ever ugly. The body lines are garbage, tube work looks like there wasn’t much thought involved, and those fiberglass wings are going to break off in a hurry (and they look ugly).

For a production piece that is set to race Baja, I think it will draw the attention of high-dollar car collectors. Outside of that, there are a lot of other options that perform better for what this is meant to do. But how many places can you buy a production-ready-to-go "race-ready" vehicle?

I’m sure it rips and has some killer parts, but my goodness is it ever ugly. The body lines are garbage, tube work looks like there wasn’t much thought involved, and those fiberglass wings are going to break off in a hurry (and they look ugly).
I actually think the opposite when it comes down to 'tube work looks like there wasn't much thought involved,..."

I bet it was over thinking/engineering and therefore they had to sacrifice looks due to testing and probably 1000 other reasons. My company works with them and it took years just for us to be listed on their website as approved parts from Ford Performance.

waaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt hold on. im fucking confused................ (surprise, surprise. the ratarded guy iz confurzed)

Hey Guys,

Alan Pflueger dropped off his 1-50 production Bronco DR at the Baja Designs HQ for some much-needed lighting upgrades. What do you guys think of this $300,000 turn key Multimatic Motorsports Bronco DR with a factory Ford Performance Coyote 5.0?

"1-50 PRODUCTION Bronco DR" = wtf does this even mean? i read it as f150 bronco sold on the showroom with dezertrangers merchandise in it or something. hahahah

production Bronco, meaning its going to be mass produced and sold on the "showroom floor" so to say, to anyone???

and turn key (i aint that dumdum, i know this part) "Multimatic"....... huh??? is that just a brand name thing?

fiberglass wings have to be number plates for racing purposes. and yes those type of number plates are ugly as shitfuck on anything they're on..........

I don't care for the top fiberglass..thing off the back is the number plate?
has to be a number plate.

For a production piece that is set to race Baja, I think it will draw the attention of high-dollar car collectors. Outside of that, there are a lot of other options that perform better for what this is meant to do. But how many places can you buy a production-ready-to-go "race-ready" vehicle?
"production piece ready to race Baja".... i take it, yes, it is a "showroom item" so to say, that they'll sell? by the way, WHO is selling this? Fluger's (i know spelling but thats how it sounds to me and i dgaf) motorsports or w/e his business/shop is?

I actually think the opposite when it comes down to 'tube work looks like there wasn't much thought involved,..."

I bet it was over thinking/engineering and therefore they had to sacrifice looks due to testing and probably 1000 other reasons. My company works with them and it took years just for us to be listed on their website as approved parts from Ford Performance.
i'm just fucking lost with everything you said wallyboy. haha

yes, it had to be overthinking/engineering and then sacrifice looks for what gets the job done and 1000 other reasons.

is your last sentence in this post completely separated? you're saying.... it took forever for Method to be on their website for a "parts" for the production Bronco?
yeah, that has to be what you meant.
ok maybe nevermind. still gonna post for other fellow rAtards.

😘 😘 😘

waaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt hold on. im fucking confused................ (surprise, surprise. the ratarded guy iz confurzed)

"1-50 PRODUCTION Bronco DR" = wtf does this even mean? i read it as f150 bronco sold on the showroom with dezertrangers merchandise in it or something. hahahah

production Bronco, meaning its going to be mass produced and sold on the "showroom floor" so to say, to anyone???

and turn key (i aint that dumdum, i know this part) "Multimatic"....... huh??? is that just a brand name thing?

fiberglass wings have to be number plates for racing purposes. and yes those type of number plates are ugly as shitfuck on anything they're on..........

has to be a number plate.

"production piece ready to race Baja".... i take it, yes, it is a "showroom item" so to say, that they'll sell? by the way, WHO is selling this? Fluger's (i know spelling but thats how it sounds to me and i dgaf) motorsports or w/e his business/shop is?

i'm just fucking lost with everything you said wallyboy. haha

yes, it had to be overthinking/engineering and then sacrifice looks for what gets the job done and 1000 other reasons.

is your last sentence in this post completely separated? you're saying.... it took forever for Method to be on their website for a "parts" for the production Bronco?
yeah, that has to be what you meant.
ok maybe nevermind. still gonna post for other fellow rAtards.

😘 😘 😘
So this build was a collaboration with Ford Performance and Multimatic Motorsports and there is only a initial 50 being assembled. To purchase this vehicle you have to inquire about it and they selected the 50 candidates. The wings look to be for race numbers and this one in specific is owned by Alan Pflueger.
Best,
Brandon

IMO, the fact that this is a "Ford Production Vehicle" is a real head scratcher. Being a production race vehicle you would think that there would be a careful balance of stock amenities (like factory dash, AC, working doors, roll up windows, etc...) and high performance race upgrades (roll cage, performance engine and suspension). But in this case, it looks like a performance shop took a stock chassis and added a shit ton of tubes, custom fiberglass, suspension and made it a race specific vehicle. What is production stock about this? Does it come with a 50,000 mile/5-year warranty? Doubt it. Does Ford provide full factory support when you race the Baja 500 in it? Doubt that also. So what will these 50 vehicles do? I suspect 47 of them will sit in rich guys' collections and 3 of them will actually race.

what do I think of it? Gayer than AIDS. And over priced too.

Interested in more info on shocks though...
I'm sure you can find more info on the shocks via this link.

I'm sure you can find more info on the shocks via this link.

Extreme control​

The Ford Bronco DR’s long-travel suspension is designed around bespoke Multimatic Positional Selective DSSV™ Dampers, specifically engineered, calibrated, and scaled for the torturous impacts and loads of long-distance, high-speed desert racing.

This largest and toughest evolution of Multimatic’s proprietary spool valve dampers to date brings together an 80mm diameter main-body tube, a pair of high capacity finned fluid cooling channels, and five spool valves per damper selectively create a range of positional damping control. Together with the primary monotube DSSV dampers, there are a total of seven spool valves controlling the suspension motion at each corner.

what ever happened to dirty harry? didnt it have olhins shocks they couldnt get to work right? Ever get that figured out?

Last I read (from I think RDC) they ditched the Ohlins and went to fox. The Ohlins shocks I guess were incredible but trying to work with engineers in europe wasn't working out.

I'd like to hear what the status fo that truck is too. Would make a bitchen NORRA race car

The Multimatic shocks are interesting tech that is used on high-end cars/racing all around the world. Uses spool valves instead os shim stacks.

Back