Fire extinguishers

Dirt Yota

I added a few extinguishers to the truck. Do you guys cover them with anything to keep the corrosion, dust dirt or whatever from messing them up? Was thinking like a ballon stretched over or something similar.

Also in the cab had a tough time figuring where to place one…

Any thoughts or tips for mounting, types, size etc.681B3989-5093-44C8-BC16-A1B7BB1A9EA8.jpegF6152AF6-405B-4BF2-AD03-8C66A292118D.jpeg

They are pretty resilient to corrosion. I wouldn't put anything on them that would take any extra time to use them IMOP.

I'd move the in cab one to somewhere you can reach it without getting out of the car. With that said I have always wanted one in the cab but never put one in there... I will have one when the trucks done.

They are pretty resilient to corrosion. I wouldn't put anything on them that would take any extra time to use them IMOP.

I'd move the in cab one to somewhere you can reach it without getting out of the car. With that said I have always wanted one in the cab but never put one in there... I will have one when the trucks done.

Yeah true, every second counts when needed!

There was no good spot in front on the tubes, I’ll have hard mount it to sheet metal or something by passengers fee, or another smaller one tucked in between front seats on B pillar… safety first not third… right

1683570729534.gif

i run 2 in my back seat semi close to where yours are located. I did wrap a quick velcrow strap around the top to keep it from rattling and to keep the pin in... and then i have a nicer high end one on the rear bedcage. I really really dont want to play with fire.

One thing to think about for dry chem extinguishers, take them out and shake them once in a while. If the charge has slipped, obveously its no good. But with a lot of vibration the powder can compact and almost solidify on the bottom. Then if that fateful day you ever need to use it comes, you end up just dumping the compression charge without actually releasing any powder.

Take that sucker out, hold it upside down, shake it around (even tap the bottom with a mallet if necessary) until you hear the powder sloshing around freely.

Bump. I need to order a couple fire extinguishers and mounts for my Blazer. What's the goto for quick release mounts? Fabricated was the rage, then billit aluminum last time I checked but steel seems like a better material for inside the cab of a offroad truck.

No rattles would be nice too.

2.5lb ABC?

Is C02 an option or are they all huge?

I think I'll have to mount like this (random internet photo):

Attachments

• IMG_5094.jpeg
    IMG_5094.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 5
i have 4 on my truck.

2 2.5lb on the back half- one on each side on the downtubes from the cab cage.

1 2.5 lb mounted inside on the c pillar in the center of the back window

1 5 lb mounted at the base of the passenger seat like shown above on philofab post.

Bump. I need to order a couple fire extinguishers and mounts for my Blazer. What's the goto for quick release mounts? Fabricated was the rage, then billit aluminum last time I checked but steel seems like a better material for inside the cab of a offroad truck.

No rattles would be nice too.

2.5lb ABC?

Is C02 an option or are they all huge?

I think I'll have to mount like this (random internet photo):
CO2 is best for electronics and easy cleanup. Biggest downside is discharging it while someone is in the cab could have negative effects. Theyre also potentially bigger with the hose and horn attached.
Dry chem is a solid choice if you dont mind the cleanup.

Back