Extending Dana 44 TTB

How much you extend it depends on how much lift you’re building the truck to have, and depends on whether of not you’re using drop brackets. Remember geometry and trigonometry when you said you’d never need to know this stuff? Now is when it helps

What where those measurements on the lower BJ
I found where I got the info on DR... this was perfect for between 4 and 6" of lift.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240113_085212_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240113_085212_Chrome.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20240113_085227_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240113_085227_Chrome.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20240113_085243_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240113_085243_Chrome.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 27
How much you extend it depends on how much lift you’re building the truck to have, and depends on whether of not you’re using drop brackets. Remember geometry and trigonometry when you said you’d never need to know this stuff? Now is when it helps
I only took practical math 🤣🤣🤣

image.jpg
Passenger side beam extension burned in the shop that did my extensions were off 1/8 but I did what I could plus it work fine just need over lay plates and cutting driver beam tomorrow

Don’t overthink beams. 1/8” off is nothing. Wait till you measure the length difference from the pass beam to driver beam and watch them cycle lol

Don’t overthink beams. 1/8” off is nothing. Wait till you measure the length difference from the pass beam to driver beam and watch them cycle lol
The 1/8 was for the metal being oversized compared to the beam and I’m going 4.5” each side

I think beam are always unequal length unless stated on the beams and if you go the same length it m each side it should be fine still but the grafted a frame onto your truck so it might be different if you offset it

The problem is no shop wants to let their secrets out and I had to just start learning myself

It's not a secret. Cut and extend and turn to account for any lift you're building into them. Mount the radius arms as close to the knuckle as you can without ruining turning radius. Cycle with axles to make sure U joints don't bind. Add your flavor of shocks and go karate chop whoops.

I think beam are always unequal length unless stated on the beams and if you go the same length it m each side it should be fine still but the grafted a frame onto your truck so it might be different if you offset it

Yes, they are all unequal length from the factory. I thought you were worried about a 1/8" side to side difference.

Well started burning the driver side up and ran out of wire so that’s always fun

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 16
IMG_0808.jpeg
Got the beam mocked up still needs overlay plates but just checking how wheel will fit with the fenders and I think it’ll look so much better.

Attachments

• IMG_0809.jpeg
    IMG_0809.jpeg
    484.6 KB · Views: 11
Alright what’s everyone’s thoughts on using thinner material for overlay plates like .120 wall or 3/16” rather than 1/4” is the strength still there or would it be a bad idea? Im not building an ultra 4 rig just something capable enough to travel around the desert at a good speed

Back