Clean-Dezert 11th Annual Barstow Clean-Up NOV 2nd 2024

Cleandezert

Alright boys and girls. We have a date, we have a plan, we are working on executing for this year. Excited to be back at it after a short hiatus. For now, we will leave this here until I have more information to provided.

Attachments

• 60CD63FF-0DC9-4431-998B-BD4A30BD1756.jpeg
    60CD63FF-0DC9-4431-998B-BD4A30BD1756.jpeg
    1,020.3 KB · Views: 15
Can't wait. I will be hustling to get my f150 together for this to be a good test session on it before Thanksgiving weekend bash

whats everyones thoughts on doing a truck or treat Saturday night for the kids? too late for the kids after a long day? or heck yea.
other option is just to do a trunk or treat during event with sponsors booths.

whats everyones thoughts on doing a truck or treat Saturday night for the kids? too late for the kids after a long day? or heck yea.

Lets do a Movie night with that big screen and have a "Drive-in Truck show" We can bring a pop corn machine.

I know my kids would be stoked.

I know everyone goes out there to have a good time and pick up trash to keep our deserts open but lets hear what you guys like about the cleanups and what we can improve on. Please be honest. If the raffles suck, to long, not enough big items, food sucks, you guys want music during lunch, more games for kids to play, movie night, fire pit, the way we run something, something you would like us to have. let us know. This is all thinks we take in and try to have for the next event.

I know everyone goes out there to have a good time and pick up trash to keep our deserts open but lets hear what you guys like about the cleanups and what we can improve on. Please be honest. If the raffles suck, to long, not enough big items, food sucks, you guys want music during lunch, more games for kids to play, movie night, fire pit, the way we run something, something you would like us to have. let us know. This is all thinks we take in and try to have for the next event.
The food sucks bud

Games for kids would be cool
Movie Night / Truck show
Fire Pit

I was thinking about posting on social regarding this. But will start here. If you haven't noticed I took about the last 6-8 months off from CD. Have been busy at work, doing fun stuff on the weekends for myself and resetting. I think most of us at CD got burned out a bit last year trying to push hard to grow... I know I did. Now I am back in the CD mind getting ready for November, and I have to say its nice to see the support from everyone when we posted about our next event. Really makes the time spent worth while seeing so many people excited to attend.

I know i said last year that i was going to bring the travel trailer out and never did, but we've made it a plan already to take it out this year. So hopefully we can camp with you guys. We plan to roll in Friday night and make a full weekend out of it, so a movie night or trunk or treat would be fun.

You guys do an amazing job, so not really much I could suggest. Maybe just more shade during the raffle?

Last edited:
I was thinking about posting on social regarding this. But will start here. If you haven't noticed I took about the last 6-8 months off from CD. Have been busy at work, doing fun stuff on the weekends for myself and resetting. I think most of us at CD got burned out a bit last year trying to push hard to grow... I know I did. Now I am back in the CD mind getting ready for November, and I have to say its nice to see the support from everyone when we posted about our next event. Really makes the time spent worth while seeing so many people excited to attend.
One thing that I saw the Gambler 500 post about that kind of struck a nerve..

He posted up something to the effect about moving locations of the main rally as they have picked up the "historic trash" and now it's just locals continueally dumping.

Sounds like Barstow..... each year 12 dumpsters are full of trash from the same area we have cleaned up year after year.

I'm not sure what the solution but it seems the local barstow govt/BLM doesnt really care to do anything about it? Moving locations and helping another area or areas in need could be a way to spread the word. Even if it's on a smaller scale clean up. Getting local communites on board.

Approching Local Shops ( Automotive related businesses,ie: offroad shops, Tire shops. SXS Dealerships) getting Local News involved and let those people know it's not us ( the offroaders) it's the general population that is the problem. We are here to help correct the issue via Stewardship and Education.

I'm 100% in support of whereever the clean up ends up just seems like we are picking up after the same degens over and over and over. Something gotta change. The Gov't answer is closure. None of us want that.

Clean Dezert World Wide ! LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOO!

I type all the out like people give a shit... I'm working on finding insurance coverage for a building

This is a street view a few doors down from potential Insured.

That blue building is the background is a middle school. 😑 What in the actual fuck.

53789301224_e4ece21bad_k.jpg

We need to start another Non profit Clean Cityz .org where we drive around with a woodchipper and install trash/tiny homes and politicans into. Clean this shit up.

Sorry I'll let myself out.

E

you are not wrong E. Could you imagine sending your kid to that school? its so sad.

So we are actually discussing a different location. I have mixed thoughts on it.

I have been hearing Stoddard valley down by Apple Valley is really really bad. I want to go check it out, and part of the reason I hit you up about a prerun (always fun getting broken off by the mouse). Do we move the main event down there? Does that impact what we have created? who really knows, but I want to scope it out to put more thought into it.

I agree 100% I often times worry about we are just known to clean, so people bring more crap. But with that said that area is the "main" offroad spot for our sport often, with lots of races and exposure. So is it our duty to clean it no matter what happens? Part of me being burnt out is the thought that we really arent making an impact... and stuff isn't staying clean... why work this hard for a net zero result?

Really the sad thing is most agencies cant do anything about it. Their hands are tied because of red tape with the state. Reading another thread here, they mentioned having locate the trash, put in for funding, timing, man power and get approval. All takes so much time and energy vs just doing the cleaning as they see it. Our Gov is not suited to fix the issue.

The trunk or treat idea sounds fun for the kiddos, if you did a drive in movie where everyone parked their trucks and gives out candy that would be cool. We're glad to see you back at it Adam. I think we've all kinda been on a hiatus lately 😅. Can't wait for this, hopefully someone can stop blowing up motors and we'll have a truck out there again 🫣. Let us know if you need anything.

Setting up main location off hodge road towards race course and the mine would get people into that area more than around main. I've driven that way in the past and filled my truck 3 times one year with very easy trash along the sides of the trails. A lot of it was more "offroad" camping stuff not so much home remodel don't want to pay for the dump trash like is always up near hwy 247 and Slash X. Expedition X Offroad did a main camping weekend off hodge and jt was cool plenty of space and new terrain for people to drive directly from camp not a drive to get to thay area. I know we are all about picking up trash but a lot of people tow out their rigs to use them before and after the events. Can probably find a new jump to mix it up from the usual wash jump after the cleanup.

Back