Champagne dream

Shock mounts done, next is bedside mounts, playing around with spare ideas. Also got the sill plates in the interior and picked up some new front shocks from Tommy at tt motorsports

Attachments

• IMG_0999.png
    IMG_0999.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0998.png
    IMG_0998.png
    626.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0997.png
    IMG_0997.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0996.png
    IMG_0996.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0995.png
    IMG_0995.png
    942.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0994.png
    IMG_0994.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
Does anyone have any experience with the camburg spindles? Camburg says no drilling required, but the hole is tapered, 3/4 at the top but opens up for the ball joints, not sure if it’ll be fine or if I should drill them out and weld a sleeve in it so it’s 3/4 all the way through

Attachments

• IMG_1334.jpeg
    IMG_1334.jpeg
    396.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1333.jpeg
    IMG_1333.jpeg
    411.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1332.jpeg
    IMG_1332.jpeg
    546.4 KB · Views: 20
We run the same camburg spindle, when we had giant beams, we drilled the bottom hole for 3/4" I'd and added 1/4" thick by 3/4" ID weld washer to fix the slope. Only downfall it spaces the spindle down. Or you can drill it out to 1" OD and sleeve it with 3/4" tube.

We run the same camburg spindle, when we had giant beams, we drilled the bottom hole for 3/4" I'd and added 1/4" thick by 3/4" ID weld washer to fix the slope. Only downfall it spaces the spindle down. Or you can drill it out to 1" OD and sleeve it with 3/4" tube.
I’m leaning towards sleeving it with 1”, I thought about weld washers but but not liking having to run another washer up top to accommodate it being spaced down like you’re saying

I was looking at buying those spindles and that was my question to them about the bolts. They said drill them out and run 3/4” bolts. Looks like that’s not correct.
Is the inside correct and you just need a weld washer on the outside? Or is it loose on both?
I’ve had good luck with weld washers on steering and beam pivot locations.
Sleeving to 1” just makes that end thinner. Not sure what’s better. I look forward to seeing what you do so I don’t have to screw it’s up myself…

Lovin the build.

I was looking at buying those spindles and that was my question to them about the bolts. They said drill them out and run 3/4” bolts. Looks like that’s not correct.
Is the inside correct and you just need a weld washer on the outside? Or is it loose on both?
I’ve had good luck with weld washers on steering and beam pivot locations.
Sleeving to 1” just makes that end thinner. Not sure what’s better. I look forward to seeing what you do so I don’t have to screw it’s up myself…

Lovin the build.
When I picked them up at camburg they said nothing needs to be done🙄. It’s 3/4 on the top and tappers to about 7/8, after looking at more last night I’m going to use weld washers. I thought about it getting thinner if I sleeve it, also I’m afraid if bits not drilled perfectly straight the misalignment won’t sit flat,hopefully I’ll get weld washers on this weekend and I’m going to box in the beam ends where they milled them out on the front and back.

Back